LeonelVHS17

Easy Cd & Dvd No Longer Works? Can't Access

Question

Hi, I've had Easy CD & DVD Burning (The "red box" marked "P/N 249000 Rev A" on the stickered barcode) installed in both my Win7 and Win8 Laptops for the last year or so. Before last week, all was good and dandy. Out of nowhere, they have stopped working and I cannot access the program anymore. When I double-click on the Roxio icon (on both laptops), immediately I get the message "Roxio Creator has stopped working". I have uninstalled and re-installed the software on both of them with the exact same DVD that came in the box and the same product key each time and still I get the same error messages.

What is going on and how can this be fixed? I use it all the time for work and need to have it up and running

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by LeonelVHS17

10 answers to this question

Leonel,

Is the icon for Easy CD & DVD Burning a black one like this post-208-0-21536600-1455950451_thumb.jpg

or an orange one, please? post-208-0-57076500-1455950646_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Neither. The desktop icon/shortcut for the program I have is an orange square with a white "R" inside it.

(I tried to upload a pic of the icon but I was not able to here)

Sorry about that. I was juggling icons, and grabbed the right color but wrong shape.

Okay, it seems that you have version 14, which should still be working well under both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

It's working fine here still, so the version hasn't been "turned off" by some time limit or command from Roxio, but if it has stopped working on both your laptops I wonder what they have in common that might have done it??

You have different Operating Systems, but are you keeping each of them up-to-date with Microsoft updates?

Do they have the same anti-virus installed, and has it updated?

Is there anything else you've installed or updated around about the time things failed?

Yes, they are both up to date with Windows updates and they have the same, updated anti virus program.

Just to be on the safe side, I ran manual updates on both for each OS and program and I still cannot access the program.

I hadn't installed anything new on either before the problem began.

I wasn't worried that you were not up-to-date with Windows, I was wondering if a Windows update or your antivirus program [whatever it is] might have simultaneously disabled the Roxio suite in both laptops.

I'm trying to find similar events which have happened to both laptops since last week, and hopefully ones which can be reversed.

I use Windows Defender in both. I don't have a 3rd party anti-virus program in either.

I'm going through both to find any clues but i'm coming up empty-handed.

Any help will be appreciated.

There were several W7 updates on Feb 9. In threads on the Corel forums there are several discussions about 2 updates that corrupted the Corel VS programs. Could it be that a similar thing happened to Roxio?

Walt,

Thank you. That sounds like the sort of thing I've been looking fruitlessly for, so far.

I had been a bit remiss about updates, so I spent my spare time yesterday doing all the updates to my Win 7/Easy CD & DVD Burning machine.

This morning it has all the important and optional updates, and Defender has the 19 Feb definitions, but Easy CD & DVD Burning still seems to be running fine. (One of the few times I'm disappointed to see that.)

Could you please give us some links to the Corel forums which might point us in the right direction to start looking?

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks lots, Walt.

LeonelVHS17,

The link Walt gave us pointed to a couple of updates some people were having similar problems with in Windows 7. They were KB3126587, and 3126593.

I have both those updates installed in the Win7 system where Easy CD & DVD Burning is still running well. However you might consider uninstalling those updates to see if it cures the problem in your system. [They'll be reinstalled next time you update if you don't 'hide' them]

If that cures your Win 7 system, then you need to find the equivalent updates for Win 8.1.

If it doesn't cure anything check out the other updates you installed last week. I still think the cause has to be Windows updates for it to hit both systems simultaneously.

Regards,

Brendon