• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

BIll Hypes

Picture Records In Black And White

Question

I just purchased a Roxio Gamecap HD Pro and I hooked up a Sony DCR-TRV9 digital cam corder to the Roxio via a (red, white, yellow) component cable that came with the camcorder. It is then connected to my computer via the cable that came with the Roxio. When I play the video to record it via the Roxie...it plays in color in the Sony window...but records and plays in black and white in the Roxie game capture program. Is this something I can fix? Or did I get a malfunctioning Roxie?

Please help

Bill Hypes

12 answers to this question

Yeah, that's because your TV's input accepts a Composite signal, but the Roxio Game Capture HD requires the Component (Red, Green, Blue) signals supplied to all three inputs. You can't send a composite signal to it, and get a color output.

Since that camera is a Standard Definition device, you would do as well to get Easy VHS to DVD 3. The capture device that comes with that only accepts the composite signal that you're getting from the camera, and will capture that properly.

If you're intent on using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro, you'll have to get Composite to Component converter.

• Like 1

Hi, I am having the same problem: No colours when capturing fraom my Panasonic NV-MX8 to my New Roxion Game Cap HD Pro. But I`m sorry I did not understand Your answer. I am not very experienced in English as my native Language is Norwegian. Could You please explain what I have to do to sovle the problem?

The simple answer is that the Roxio Game Capture HD will NOT work for capturing the video from your camera. The person above bought the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 program (click here) which is the right product for you to capture the video from your camera.

Thank You for explaining this to me.

I have tried to find this Device here in Norway, but no-one seems to have it. But I did find another - to me - similar Product in one store: "Terratec G1. Bundled software: MAGIX Movies on DVD TerraTec Deluxe Edition (PC)." Wil this work just as fine?

Thank You for explaining this to me.

I have tried to find this Device here in Norway, but no-one seems to have it. But I did find another - to me - similar Product in one store: "Terratec G1. Bundled software: MAGIX Movies on DVD TerraTec Deluxe Edition (PC)." Wil this work just as fine?

Unless someone here has used the software you mentioned, which I doubt, they can't comment on it!

You can buy directly from Roxio, Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus. or Amazon sites around the world.

Edited by cdanteek

Just looking at the product, it looks like it should accept the signal you're sending. How well the software and hardware works, as cdanteek said, we don't know.

According to the data sheet here (link) it supports NTSC and PAL.

Features

• • PC interface: USB
  • • Connection: Composite (Cinch) and S-Video, Stereo Audio (Cinch)
  • • Video standard: PAL, NTSC, SECAM
  • • Capture rate PAL: up to 720x576 pixel / 25 fps
  • • Capture rate NTSC: up to 720x480 pixel / 29,9 fps
  • • Powered via USB bus (no additional power supply needed)

Only issue we have seen in users with PAL is there output from the SCART connector. Many SCART adapters do not actually wire the RCA Video connection :huh:

You can wait and try yours, but a couple of users have had good results with one of these - AmazonUK

Only issue we have seen in users with PAL is there output from the SCART connector. Many SCART adapters do not actually wire the RCA Video connection :huh:

You can wait and try yours, but a couple of users have had good results with one of these - AmazonUK

Jim, this unit already comes with it's own SCART adapter, so he shouldn't need to buy a separate one.

From the web-site:

Comprehensive format support

Very many analog sources can be connected to the TERRATEC G1. Whether VHS, Video 8, S-VHS, Hi8, Betamax or others - almost every device with analog outputs is compatible. And whether your output source is a SCART-output, S-Video or Composite, the TERRATEC G1 is connected to it in no time. Thanks to the comprehensive cable package that includes a SCART-adapter, even beginners can get started straight away. The video source and format are detected automatically and digitised in the highest quality.