trow

Scene Detection

Question

I tried to use scene detection and pop up said the file format cannot be scene detected:please transcode it and then use transcode file to detect scenes? How do you do this transcode?

7 answers to this question

What format is that video? Use the Output feature (on the main menu) to render the video to another format making sure you keep the "same" quality.

I used the output to create video file like you said it said file production 1.mp4,after it was done went back to videowave and tried again to scene detect,the pop up didn't come back, the counter was running but no videos came up just the running of the counter in the media selector box. I tried it manually and I can put as many scenes as I want,and they show up in media selector box ?. Thanks Trow

I used the output to create video file like you said it said file production 1.mp4,after it was done went back to videowave and tried again to scene detect,the pop up didn't come back, the counter was running but no videos came up just the running of the counter in the media selector box. I tried it manually and I can put as many scenes as I want,and they show up in media selector box ?. Thanks Trow

Sorry trow, your last post is somewhat confusing.

Back in Video Wave, when you have the selected video in the "Media" window and you select :Scene Detection, do you get the pop up window with the two choices of add scenes or autodetect scenes? When (of if) you select autodetect what do you see -- like this?

post-58-0-06225000-1458155332_thumb.png

If you are not detecting scenes, perhaps there is not enough of a change for the program to autodetect. You may want to increase the sensitivity

The scenes will show up in the Media Window.

If you go back to all your other media, the video where you used the detection will show as with a down arrow

post-58-0-10375100-1458155674_thumb.png

Is that what you are seeing? If not, perhaps a screen shot to two might help explain so you get a better answer.

BTW, I got the same error you did when I tried to do a scene selection with a piece of 3D video.

Just a further note, I never use automatic scene detection but prefer to use the manual method. This is much more reliable and creates the scenes where I want and not at some arbitrary position.

To Sknis: yes I do get pop up screen,but in auto detect in the pop up window there are no scenes but the counter above add scene is moving as if you pushed the play button but no physical scenes are in the box. but I can stop the counter in add scene and a physical scene will appear in the pop up window as many times as I hit add scene.But as Myguggi

suggested I think I will just do it manually. Thanks to all for the help Trow

To Sknis: yes I do get pop up screen,but in auto detect in the pop up window there are no scenes but the counter above add scene is moving as if you pushed the play button but no physical scenes are in the box. but I can stop the counter in add scene and a physical scene will appear in the pop up window as many times as I hit add scene.But as Myguggi

suggested I think I will just do it manually. Thanks to all for the help Trow

Repeat from post # 5 "If you are not detecting scenes, perhaps there is not enough of a change for the program to autodetect. You may want to increase the sensitivity"