• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ZayedXUAE

Hi I Need Help When I Start Capturing With Avi

Question

Hello, i tried to capture with AVI setting instead of WMV. when i click on start capture it captured for 1sec then froze the Roxio HD then i click on stop capture , it stops but did not record anything.

WMV works fine but i want to use AVI can anyone help.

removed email

just like that it keeps frozen until i click on stop capture then its normal but nothing is recorded

using ps3 720/1080i

old version of roxio hd AVI was working fine until i upgraded this version it stopped working

Edited by Jim_Hardin
Removed Email Address

10 answers to this question

First thing is don't post your email in public forums unless you like your inbox filled with spam :D

You posted in the wrong forum (HD). I am guessing that since the HD Pro only captures in m2ts and mp4 (which doesn't work well).

In case you meant something else, let us know what hardware/software you have.

In either case you need to try a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

First thing is don't post your email in public forums unless you like your inbox filled with spam :D

You posted in the wrong forum (HD). I am guessing that since the HD Pro only captures in m2ts and mp4 (which doesn't work well).

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

that was not an email..... wow u removed it. atleast check it .... now its done it was a picture

I have the same problem trying to get a signal from my HDMI-output camera. How is it that the HD Pro only captures in .mp4 or .m2ts when it clearly states that .avi input format is also supported in the product overview page: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/overview.html

So Jim_Hardin is it possible for this method to fix the problem for HD Pro? Thanks!

The list of input/output formats that are shown for the RGC HD Pro specifications refers to the input/output video formats allowed by the video editor, not the formats that can be saved when recording.

And so you're aware, the .MP4 format is only created after it first captures in .M2TS format, then it gets converted. And unfortunately, if there's an error during the conversion to .MP4, the .M2TS file is lost. So your best bet is to always capture in .M2TS format, and then manually do your conversion to another format afterwards.

As for your reference to your camera, I assume you're only using that as a source device while your testing things, and not actually capturing from it?

The list of input/output formats that are shown for the RGC HD Pro specifications refers to the input/output video formats allowed by the video editor, not the formats that can be saved when recording.

And so you're aware, the .MP4 format is only created after it first captures in .M2TS format, then it gets converted. And unfortunately, if there's an error during the conversion to .MP4, the .M2TS file is lost. So your best bet is to always capture in .M2TS format, and then manually do your conversion to another format afterwards.

As for your reference to your camera, I assume you're only using that as a source device while your testing things, and not actually capturing from it?

d_deweywright Thx for the reply!

Ok. In fact I only bought this RGC to capture and stream video from a camera so is that impossible then? The guy who sold me this told me he got it to work with a GoPro so I assumed there would be no problem.

So if I understood the problem correctly the cameras .avi output format is the problem here?

So if I understood the problem correctly the cameras .avi output format is the problem here?

No... that wouldn't be the problem at all. The camera may capture to .AVI files, but if you're streaming, then the internal file format is completely irrelevant because you're going to be looking at the output signal, either HDMI, or Component (RGB), which is an electrical signal, not a file format. So, you need to connect either an HDMI cable from your camera to the RGC HD Pro, or an RGB cable from your camera to the RGC HD Pro. Is that what you're doing?

Or are you trying to copy the files from your camera to your computer first, and then expecting to do something to stream those? That won't work. You need to input a video signal into the hardware (RGC HD Pro) and then you can stream from that.

As for capturing, you wouldn't use the RGC HD Pro for that, you would simply connect your camera to your computer, probably using a USB cable, and then copy the video files directly to your HD, and then edit those as desired. "Capturing" through the RGC HD Pro would involve conversions that you don't need to do.

So, I think you need to clear up for us exactly what you're trying to do.

No... that wouldn't be the problem at all. The camera may capture to .AVI files, but if you're streaming, then the internal file format is completely irrelevant because you're going to be looking at the output signal, either HDMI, or Component (RGB), which is an electrical signal, not a file format. So, you need to connect either an HDMI cable from your camera to the RGC HD Pro, or an RGB cable from your camera to the RGC HD Pro. Is that what you're doing?

Or are you trying to copy the files from your camera to your computer first, and then expecting to do something to stream those? That won't work. You need to input a video signal into the hardware (RGC HD Pro) and then you can stream from that.

As for capturing, you wouldn't use the RGC HD Pro for that, you would simply connect your camera to your computer, probably using a USB cable, and then copy the video files directly to your HD, and then edit those as desired. "Capturing" through the RGC HD Pro would involve conversions that you don't need to do.

So, I think you need to clear up for us exactly what you're trying to do.

Oh, ok so the cameras internal file format is irrelevant.

My setup is a micro 3/4 camera with an hdmi-out connected to RGC that is connected via usb to my laptop. My goal is to stream live sports footage with the camera probably to youtube. The software shows the connected capturing device, but theres no video signal. The last taken still shows up in the Roxio software. Other programs (obs etc) won't show anything.

First thing to test, connect a TV to the HDMI output of the camera without the RGC HD Pro. Do you get an image on your TV when you have the camera "live"?

When you're at these sporting events, how will you be connecting your laptop to the internet to live stream? Remember that you need a fast "upstream" connection for streaming.

d_deweywright okay the problems seems to be with the camera itself, should have probably checked that first before asking: it behaves the same way when connected to a tv.

Thanks for your patience anyway, couldn't find anything about this product and cameras on the internet.

There may be a setting in the camera that you can configure to get a live HDMI output from it. Definitely do some searching through the menus. Check any other outputs that are available too, such as a Component output. What camera is it? (Make and model?)

I know can get a live Component output from my Canon Vixia.