rwshultz

Adding Text To Cd

Question

I have a DELL desktop w/a HT-DT-ST DVDRWBD CH30N SCSI optical drive. After loading Creator 12 I also am showing ROXIO DVD-ROM Emulator SCSI.

I also loaded MEDIAMONKEY and when I use that to burn a CD the track info doesn't get added to the CD. My question is: Was the ROXIO Emulator added to enable writing of track info because the original writer doesn't have the capability of doing so? ie: Any CD written w/ROXIO has track info, Any CD written w/MEDIAMONKEY does not. Before you ask, all my music collection is tagged with all the info .

I also have a new HP Laptop w/DVDRW GUC0N writer. It does not have the ROXIO software loaded. It will add the text to the CD.

Can't find anything out about the Writer in the desktop & MEDIAMONKEY wants me to jump through hoops & load 3rd party software to help them identify a problem that they say doesn't exist!

If I just knew that the writer isn't capable of writing text, and that is what the Emulator is for, I could deal with it. Or maybe the Emulator is keeping the original writer from writing text. FRUSTRATED!!!

3 answers to this question

You created the emulated drive!

Want to get rid of it?

Open device manager, expand storage controllers, right click on the Roxio entry and uninstall, reboot the PC and it's gone.

All your other MEDIAMONKEY questions take them to MEDIAMONKEY.

My question is: Was the ROXIO Emulator added to enable writing of track info because the original writer doesn't have the capability of doing so?

The answer to your question is NO.

Without enabling an emulated drive, Creator 2012 has two ways of burning an audio CD - "Burn Audio CD" and "Create Music Disc Projects". The first is part of the main menu application, the second is a separate program - the Roxio Music Disc Creator.

Both methods will write CD-Text on the CD they burn, but you can toggle it on and off in the better-featured Music Disc Creator.

post-208-0-23547400-1461019508_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon