• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Looking To Upgrade From 11 And Also Upgrade Fotomagico To 5.0 Pro

JavaDude

Question

I am thinking about upgrading my Toast 11 to 14 and then upgrading my FotoMagico 4.5 RE to 5.0 Pro. Looking for the most cost effective way to accomplish this task and of course there is no sufficient info on the sites to accomplish this. Can someone provide some guidence. Is RE the same as basic FotoMagico for upgrade sake. Do I just upgrade to Toast 14 and then upgrade to FotoMagic from 4.0?

For the people that have gone from 11 to 14, is the upgrade worth it in terms of stability and extra functionality. I am just a hobbiest that liked to create blue rays and DVDs and streaming video and slide shows. iMovie is just not cutting it for slideshows.

-Ron

3 answers to this question

Couple more questions. Really was hoping on some feedback.

1) Is PhotoMagico owned by Roxio now or still owned by Bionx? Any thought on when 6.0 might show up?

2) I have read a lot about the toaster portion of 14 not being changed a lot and some video quality issues with BlueRay. Since we are talking a number of years, I would hope upgrading would add some features and stability to the product. Any thoughts?

3) MyDVD looks like an old product called MyDVD that I used 10 years back. Is this the same product? If so, has it been significantly enhanced or is this just a repackaging of something old.

I feel it is time to upgrade, but if i am not going to get much for my money I will wait.

Really could use some thoughts.

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of Mac/Toast users that frequent these boards. I'm not one myself. But I can say that over the past several years, the versions of Creator NXT x that have been released have generally included less functionality than the one before. The version of MyDVD that comes with NXT4 is a significant downgrade from previous versions. Now, what has been happening on the Toast side, I can't say, other than from what you've already read.

Your questions can be answered by sating that it is in the eyes of the beholder. I have Toast 10, 12 and 14. I did

not upgrade to 12 due to all the problems. I have Fotomagico 3.5, 4.0 and 5.0. I use Toast 14 pro, and fotomagico 5.0. I like both. they both work well on my Mac mini and MBP. I am running 10.11.4. You can get discounted upgrades at both the Roxio site for Toast and Boinx site, for fotomagico. I think they are worth it, but as I said, its in the eyes of the beholder.