• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

KomodoDragon

Roxio Game Capture Not Responding (Ps4)

Question

Hello,

I try to capture my PS4 but i have a problem:

When i run roxio game capture hd pro program and i clik on capture, capture window appears and directly "not responding". I have a Roxio game capture HD Pro (recent). I have disabled HDCP in my PS4 but it's don't work anyway. On TV there are image and sound.

I plugged the HDMI cable to the console in the roxio (input side) and another HDMI cable is connected to the TV (output side) and of course the usb to my PC.

On PS4 the resolution is 1080p. I try with 1080i but the problem is the same.

On more thing, if i run roxio game capture hd pro program without anything connected to my pc, the window appears normally. Of course there is written "no signal" and the capture area is empty but the program work, the windows is not "not responding".

Any idea ???

Sorry for my english it's not my default language :)

21 answers to this question

So you do have video in the Capture Preview window before you click Capture?

I think the problem may be the setting fro the signal that is coming from your PS4.

Make sure that your PS4 is SET to 1080 at 30P or 60I and not left to an auto setting. (The pass through to your TV only indicates that it is connected to the RGC and you have the software installed on your PC. But it is not any indication that the PS4 settings are correct ;))

You could Test by using a different source, such as a Blu-Ray Player or anything else with HDMI or Component output.

I try with all resolution on my ps4 (480p , 720p, 1080i, 1080p) but nothting the problem stay the same. I try with other source (my tvbox) but the same problem appear.

@Digital Guru

i have the window with the two choices (capture or edit&share) and when i click on capture the new window open and almost directly the window "not responding".

i try to run the game capture programm first and after connect the usb (from roxio). If i do that, the window appear correctly but it's written "no signal" in input, however the ps4 is connected to the roxio.

I try with all resolution on my ps4 (480p , 720p, 1080i, 1080p) but nothting the problem stay the same. I try with other source (my tvbox) but the same problem appear.

@Digital Guru

i have the window with the two choices (capture or edit&share) and when i click on capture the new window open and almost directly the window "not responding".

i try to run the game capture programm first and after connect the usb (from roxio). If i do that, the window appear correctly but it's written "no signal" in input, however the ps4 is connected to the roxio.

Go to this link follow directions to attach your dxdiag.exe file.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/110922-tell-us-about-your-computer-dxdiagexe/

Have you ran a proper repair with all running programs shut down including antivirus/firewall software?

Set your DPI at 100% instead of 'User DPI Setting: 120 DPI' and see if it helps with 'not responding'?

Yes the 100% (dpi) is what we were after.

You mentioned the 'No Signal'. Was that Red in color? Red indicates all is working but any signal it is receiving is not valid. (Green indicates the RGC Device itself cannot be seen by the PC)

Have you tried testing with a different source of signal yet?

the color of no signal was green.

what do you mean by "testing with a different source of signal " ?

Post # 2 last sentence!

"You could Test by using a different source, such as a Blu-Ray Player or anything else with HDMI or Component output."

I progress, with 100% dpi the soft respond and I even game sound but the right area where we normally sees happening on television is empty (the preview screen), is black. I have no picture of what is going on ps4.

Edited by KomodoDragon

I think we are probably getting a little confusion from the translations between languages.

But you mentioned Green, No Signal and that means that your PC is not seeing the RGC Device...

That only means that the USB Port or Cable is not letting the PC see the device! Check that by changing the USB Cable and trying all the ports on your PC.

(remote possibility of faulty device)

We should also look at the Device Manager in your Control Panel.

It is the Sound, video and game controllers we are after.

It would look like this before plugging it in:

post-39730-0-13036700-1467885542_thumb.jpg

And like this after you plug it in:

post-39730-0-10478700-1467885552_thumb.jpg

Let us know how that goes ;)

My Roxio GameCAP HD PRO appear in the device manager after i plug it. (like your second image)

as I said before, now the capture program works without "not responding" but in right part of the window, the previews screen stay black, without images. (on TV there is the image)

however I have the game sound and I can edit the source options and the others fields.

UP

Attached you will find a printscreen of my capture program actually.
We see that the preview screen is black but the state is green and ready. And I have the game sound.

post-130269-0-33903300-1467978920_thumb.jpg

Have you checked your Video Card to make sure you have the latest Drivers as well as the latest Software for your card?

Is everything there set to defaults? A lot of people find that if they tweak, try to make it better or faster, it wrecks things like Roxio.

Also, you need to try another source besides you TV Box.

I checked my Video Card (the latest drivers is installed)

I don't really understand what you mean by "the latestSoftware for your card" ?

In nvidia Control Panel i checked "let the 3D application make the decision"

And despite all this the problem of black preview screen persists.

... well I take back what I just said.

I solved my preview screen problem. On my laptop, there are two graphics cards, an integrated intel and nvidia card. With nvidia card, the preview screen is black. But if I choose to run the Roxio program with the integrated intel, it works.

WHY ? why my nvidia card don't support Roxio or why roxio don't support my nividia card ?

and why I have not thought to try this instead

But it is annoying, my intel integrated card is not very powerful and I do not know if she can do the job properly.

Edited by KomodoDragon

Usually a dedicated video card is better than a onboard card.

In the Bios there is a setting for what video card you want as default.

Check and see what card is default then change the setting and see what happens?

Maybe a little misunderstanding because of language.

I can chose which graphics card launch the program.

Here are pictures (perhaps will be more clear)

As I right click:

post-130269-0-99579100-1468432410_thumb.jpg

in this picture, I chose to start the program with the nvidia graphics card. In this case, I have my black screen preview problem

And if i chose the other

post-130269-0-36276000-1468432441_thumb.jpg

in this picture, I chose to start the program with the onboard graphics card. In this case, I don't have any problem, all work correctly.

My question is, why my nvidia graphics card causes the black preview screen issue ?

Edited by KomodoDragon

Thanks for the pictures, it does clear up some things -_-

As to the Nvidia Card... Best trick to put it back to default settings is to delete it from the Device Manager. But before you do that, download and install the latest Video Software from Nvidia.

When you reboot, it see the card and install the drivers for it. Reboot again and try it out ;)