• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Scanner Failure After Installing Creator Nxt 3 (Split From Another Topic)

Steve88

Question

Long time user of the Creator line.

After upgrading to Win 10, I found it necessary to upgrade, as my version did not have the needed CD/DVD filters used to address the drives. Post installation, I noticed that my trusty older HP 8200 series scanner no longer worked. The issue seems to be stemming from a conflict between Creator NXT-3 and the driver/software used for the scanner in HP Solution Center.

When C-NXT3 is installed, the scanner and Solution Center will start to acquire the image. At the end of the scan cycle, the application will crash with the following error message:

HP Scan Application Resources has stopped working A problem has caused the program to stop working...

My other newer scanner, an HP OfficeJet Pro 7780 has no issues. Remove C-NXT3 and the conflict resolves.

Following, are the particulars:

Windows 10 (Fresh install - NOT over older OS)

Creator NXT-3 (Fresh install- again and again)

HP Scanjet 8200 series (driver re-installed POST NXT3 install)

HP Solution Center v 140.0.18.23 (launchpad for suite of scan apps)

and the HP CUE-Scanning Flow component hpqkygrp.exe" -m8200 (I suspect THIS is what NXT3 is conflicting with)

The above should answer most of the basic questions.For more on the history, please see the following link to a previously posted thread:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/121664-creator-2010-se-and-windows-10-split-from-another-topic/

If anyone has experienced this or similar issues and has found a resolve, please let me know.

Steve

1 answer to this question