CaliMeatWagon

Game Capture Hd Pro. Not Working

Question

I have a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. I recently upgrade to W10 and I'm on a clean 1TB SSD

Here is my dxdiag:

13775913_1178121022238330_27115667525276

13697197_1178121018904997_32462116197583

Every time I press "Capture", I get this error:

13700229_1178121068904992_51284253316246

Every time I press "Edit", I get this error:

13699980_1178121038904995_74659209623721

How do I fix this?

17 answers to this question

Up top, under Support - Software Updates, download SP2 for Roxio GameCap HD.

Shut off any anti virus and install the update.

Reboot and give it a try ;)

Up top, under Support - Software Updates, download SP2 for Roxio GameCap HD.

Shut off any anti virus and install the update.

Reboot and give it a try ;)

I did it and I'm still getting the same errors. And now it's saying it's out of date and I need to download SP2.1.

I did it and I'm still getting the same errors. And now it's saying it's out of date and I need to download SP2.1.

Download SP 2.1 and install it.

Download SP 2.1 and install it.

Already done. I left my firewall/AV off, installed it, rebooted, and I'm getting the same exact errors still.

I don't know how much it matter, but I'm running W10 N Pro.

Edited by CaliMeatWagon

Follow this post to the 'T' and attach your dxdiag file, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/110922-tell-us-about-your-computer-dxdiagexe/

You don't follow directions very well!

just use the "Save all Information" tab so you will save the file and be able to attach it to your thread.

Hint, save the file to your desktop so you can find it easily. Note that this works for all Versions of WINDOWS including Windows 8 and 10.

When you are making your reply to a user asking for that information, click on the "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the reply box. Type in the information you want to post with the dxdiag file. Select "Choose File" navigate to the file and click on it, the file name will appear next to the "Choose File" box. Click on the "Attach This File" just below "Choose File". The file will be uploaded to the site and will appear in your post when you complete your post. Note that you can add additional files such as a screen grab using the "Choose file" process.

DO NOT upload the contents for the dxdiag file; just the file itself.

Edited by cdanteek

I don't know how much it matter, but I'm running W10 N Pro

Have you updated windows since November of 2015?

Update windows until you show no new updates.

Next go to Hewlett-Packard and see if there is a update for your graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti)

Edited by cdanteek

Have you updated windows since November of 2015?

Update windows until you show no new updates.

Next go to Hewlett-Packard and see if there is a update for your graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti)

This is a clean install from less than a week ago. Everything, according to the computer, is up to date.

And the graphics card in question is not what came with the computer.

13716062_1178791748837924_59610348413156

Edited by CaliMeatWagon

(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti)

This is the video card the dxdiag.exe file shows.

Go to Nvidia and find the correct updated driver for your W-10 OS download it and install it.

Video Card has caused issues in the past...

Download but DO NOT install the latest/greatest driver and GeForce Experience software.

Open Control Panel to Programs and Features

Open Device Manager and Disable your Video Card

In Programs and Features, uninstall the Nvidia GeForce software.

Reboot and reinstall but NO adjustments!!!

Give RGC a try ;)

If you get install error from the video software or drivers, you have other issues with that PC and have entered the snowball effect :(

If you have a spare HDD laying around, I would put that into the PC, fresh install of the OS and see what happens then.

If you get install error from the video software or drivers, you have other issues with that PC and have entered the snowball effect :(

If you have a spare HDD laying around, I would put that into the PC, fresh install of the OS and see what happens then.

I already have the install issue fixed. It's a known problem with Nvidea drivers. All it required was a complete wipe of Nvidea items from the system.

As it sits right now, everything is running fine on my computer. Almost brand new SSD and GPU (~month old). I have DX12 installed, my GPU is DX12 and W10 compatible, and everything works on my computer besides the Roxio Software.

One thing of note that has changed is the "Capture" will work if the device is not plugged in. "Edit" still does not work, however.

I skipped a basic check... In Device Manager, with the Device plugged in, it should look like this:

post-39730-0-97522600-1469294748_thumb.jpg

Otherwise you are going to need to install software and try the device on another PC to rule out the Device itself.