Is 720 X 480 The Max It Can Capture?

kirbymurphy

Question

4 answers to this question

The program was designed to capture from an analog VHS -- 720 by 489 so yes, that is the max.

Can you COPY the program from the DVR to your computer and work from there? Usually there is a format issue.

Remember not all programs can be edited.

I was anticipating it would injest whatever resolution I fed it it and make the video file. Too bad at has that limitation. Was hoping with HD TV I could copy at full resolution.

I got it into the PC OK and was able to import into Vegas Edit just fine. I hoped (but didn't expect) it would work as a 1494 capture with Vegas and take it directly into it, but no joy.

Not a huge deal since I'll probably only use it 3 or 4 times a year and $45 wasn't too bad.

The Composite cables do not carry HD, only SD.

In Roxio's stable you might consider the Roxio GameCap HD. It captures HD but there are limitations. I can capture with Component or HDMI. HDMI is farther limited through HDCP coding - if it has it, it won't capture ;)

Most capture devices and cards are proprietary, meaning that they will only capture when using the software that is included. If these don't suit you needs, then look around. I would start with the Vegas forums and see what they are saying there.