• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

mgg

Where Are The Style Templates

Question

I used to edit the menu style PSD files - but with 15 - I can only find Splash.

The menu styles provided are ugly and mostly unusable. I want to provide my own background, a title and a SINGLE simple play button, positioned where I want it. How can you create a powerful disk burning program and provide such a horrendous menu editor? And now you are making it even more difficult to use the product. Where is Arabesque (16x9).psd?

Oh, and MyDVD won't take master files exported from FCP - for real? And it's menus are almost as bad as the ones in Toast - and I can't see how to "fix" them either.

6 answers to this question

They are there but only in the Pro version...

Take a look at this topic from last month about the same thing - LINK

Let us know how you make out ;)

wow, can't read. I have PRO. I have mcdvd pro templates installed. When I look inside Toast 15 for the templates - I ONLY find Splash. Clearly toast 15 has 20 some templates. Mydvd seems to be using some completely different template format. I don't have time to try to figure that one out yet - and if I could just drop my video in - there wouldn't be a need anyway.

MyDVD has lots of templates and yes, I can to some basic editing of the menu there - BUT I can't find any decent documentation as to what video formats mcdvd will take (and why the hell is it any different from what Toast handles). They don't handle Master Format from FCP - so I guess I need to experiment with compressor outputs. I don't want to have my bluray encoded TWICE on the way to the disk.

This is a Beta grade software package. How about finishing it!?!

This is a Beta grade software package. How about finishing it!?!

You would have to contact Roxio, directly. This is just a users forum, not Roxio tech support.

Update.

SO, the Splash (16x9).psd file that can be found inside Toast 15 application contents/style folder IS the file used if you select the splash template. I was able to edit that file to my satisfaction and burn a BluRay that didn't look like it was designed by a sixth grader. Thank you Roxio for leaving ONE template where I could get to it. I'm mystified as to where the other 25 templates that Toast15 clearly has, are hidden.

I tried several different exports from FCPX - couldn't get MYDVD to read any of them. I'm sure there is a version that works. Too bad someone couldn't write a little documentation or use the same import tools that Toast obviously uses. But it still isn't useful. While I can move the title n such around, I can't change its color (so it contrasts with my background image) or the font or pretty much anything. Also MyDVD is VERY slow loading - sometimes never opening its main window. I have no idea what that is about. I do have nearly 20 drives on my system - maybe its one of those apps that insists on looking around to figure out where everything is before starting = bad idea.

If I had known 15 had so little that 14 didn't have already, I'd have never bought the upgrade.

If you think you need professional software that will meet your every whim, perhaps you should start looking elsewhere. Shoot for soemthing in the $500 to $600+ bracket and it will have enough whistles and bells to keep you at the bottom of the learning curve for some time.

As GPB pointed out, we don't work for Roxio so we don't have to grovel -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

To MGG,

Go to the top of your screen select GO, 2. select computer, 3 select Mac HD, 4 select library, 5 select application support, 6 select Roxio, 7 select Toast Menue styles. They're probably locked so unlock and you should have your templates.

Kenny

Edited by Kenny1wk