InsertLogic

Glitchy Image When I Plug My Xbox Into The Capture Device

Question

Hi I bought the HD Pro a while back and used it with my Xbox for a while it worked perfectly fine with it no issues what so ever. but when I plug it in now the screen glitches out like in the image below

I have plugged other consoles in and they work perfectly fine no issue. all is in good in the device manager settings. I have tried different HDMI cables and TV's Is there anyway to fix this, like by changing settings/console settings or might this be a Xbox video problem.

(Note: my Xbox works fine on my TV on its own but when plugged into the Capture device it doesn't display anything except what is in the image below)

Thanks in advance for any feedback

post-130516-0-83516900-1472155122_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

Check this out first...... Go into your Xbox display settings and manually set it for either 1080i or 720p output (auto-detect doesn't work properly with the RGC HD Pro). Manually setting the output to 720 or 1080 should override the auto-detect.

One other note from you screen cap - Don't use the MP4 setting to capture with!

It is more trouble than it is worth and if it fails you lose your whole capture :o

Check this out first...... Go into your Xbox display settings and manually set it for either 1080i or 720p output (auto-detect doesn't work properly with the RGC HD Pro). Manually setting the output to 720 or 1080 should override the auto-detect.

Thank you! That seemed to fix the issues works perfectly fine now. I guess the auto-detect was messing with the image somehow.

One other note from you screen cap - Don't use the MP4 setting to capture with!

It is more trouble than it is worth and if it fails you lose your whole capture :o

Noted! Thank you for the reply, I'm guessing from what you say MP4 is very hit and miss when it comes to video files

Actually it is fairly predictable. Record more than 1 hour and it will fail!

Less than an hour it will "work". BUT it actually records as m2ts and when you click Stop Recording, it starts a conversion into MP4 format. But anywhere during that conversion it fails or is interrupted, the source m2ts file is lost and you lose everything :o

Why tempt fate ;)