• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jamerican1

Won't Burn

Question

I just bought Toast Titanium 15 after having used version 12 for years. I deinstalled version 12, rebooted than installed version 15.

The first time I started Toast 15, I was asked to enter my name and license which I did, after that application stopped responding. I only saw the coloured spinning wheel. I force closed it, rebooted and tried again. Now I was not asked for the license, but the application immediately stopped responding. All I can see is the menu (which does not respond) and the spinning wheel. Uninstalling, rebooting and installing again did not help. Sometimes after a force quit and reboot Toast asks whether to reopen previously non responding windows or not. Neither option works.

I am now left with a non working version of Toast. Any help please?

My configuration is:

- MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, late 2013

- 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7

- 16 GB memory

- 1GB SSD

- OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6

I have a similar problem in that everytime Toast 15 converts an MKV or VOB file to the DVD standard it will not burn the DVD and gives me a read error. Toast 14 was working flawlessly and there has been no change to my OS.

Both burners give me the same message each time and both work with every other burning program.

My configuration is:

- iMac 27" mid 2011

- 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5

- 16 GB memory

- 250 GB SSD

- OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6

3 answers to this question

You issue is not related at all to the Topic you posted in... Don't hesitate to start a New Topic if you don't see one that matches your issue, there is not any extra charge :lol:

Don't know MAC's but what happens if you create a DVD from a normal clip (mpg or mp4)?

You issue is not related at all to the Topic you posted in... Don't hesitate to start a New Topic if you don't see one that matches your issue, there is not any extra charge :lol:

Don't know MAC's but what happens if you create a DVD from a normal clip (mpg or mp4)?

Installed Toast 15 on an external boot drive after getting rid of everything Corel, Toast & Roxio. Toast 15 now working from the external boot drive. I will be using it from there for another week before installing it on my internal SSD.

I also use another software to convert my mpg, mov, mkv, mp4 and avi files to NTSC VOB files before burning with Toast. This seems to work better for me.

That will be interesting to see what happens when you reinstall on your SSD.

The VOB approach is foreign to the PC Creator Suites... Now I have to try it :P

Edit: didn't work on the PC version but it was worth the try and now I have another coaster for the living room :lol:

Edited by Jim_Hardin