Sign in to follow this  
rickbeachley

Won't Add Wmv Videos

Question

I have several DVDs I ripped and quite a few video downloads. I do not typically have an issue burning. I figured out certain formats to change ripped videos to so they would work. I do have a number of video that I cannot get to burn even with correcting the format. I have tried everything I can think of but I get the didn't add because it cannot be edited message. I am not sure why. Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

I edited a few videos with movie maker and they were able to add. I tried the same method and several different video sizes as well as the non HD options. It still will not work.

Of course the issue is most likely in the files themselves and thus we need the information of those files.

One thing to look for is that it will reject any file that is a higher resolution than SD! (720 X 480)

What program within the suite are you using?

So, this doesn't make any sense to me, but it worked. I took the error literally "can't be edited" so I clip 1 second of either end of the videos when I reformatted to "edit them". Each one is now burning without an issue. Very weird.

Not really, it just take a little bit or byte here and there to upset editors :lol:

I was going to suggest running them through a converter to make sure they are free of any corruption but seems you got it going.