• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

skynet600

Drivers Not Installed.

Question

Hello All,

Got a new roxio capture pro. Setup went well from the point of view that I can use component on the TV in 1080i and see the game. My problem seems to be capture device to PC. I see "No Input" and "No Signal" when viewing the caprure window. In device manager I see errors for Roxio. When trying to repair it says device has no driver and driver error. If I remove the usb cable the device goes away so it recognises something is there and it is roxio.

As far as the initial install goes the tutorial says connect hw before installing sw. Several posts here say the opposite so this is what I did. I have installed the Win10 update. I am on build 102B22A when checking "about" from home screen and 100B23D when viewed from the capture screen. SW update shows 2.0 with no updates available.

Reviewing many posts here hasn't really identified my issue so would really appreciate some guidance here.

Thanks.

Is this what you show in your Device Manager with the Roxio plugged in?.

post-68-0-32335700-1473540776_thumb.png

• Like 1

Sorry for the delayed response. I can#t add an image for some reason so let me describe it.

Under "Other Devices" I see errors for Broadcom USH, Mass Storage Controller, Roxio GAMECAP, and Unknown Device. Properties for the roxio entry says there is no compatible driver for this device. Try to update and it cannot find a driver.

Under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" I do see Roxio GAMECAP listed with no error. Device is working properly.

I don't think that you should have anything under Other Devices. The first 2 look like an error with your mother board. You could look for updates for your mother board at the maker's website.

• Like 1

grandpabruce is correct the first two you need to run down why they show up under other devices!

To fix Roxio Game Capture HD, with the USB Device plugged in right click on the bottom two and click uninstall and do the same for the bottom entry under Sound Video and Game Controllers..

Unplug the device and leave it unplugged until I tell you to plug it in.

Reboot the PC and run the Roxio Game Capture installation disc choose repair when offered.

When done reboot the PC, now plugin the Roxio USB device and open Device Manager, you should only have the entry under Sound Video and Game Controllers.

post-97-0-53832600-1473890469_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-23891500-1473890469_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The pc is a dell so I ran the driver check from the web site. One was upgraded but the issue remains. I also ran the hw check utility provided. While no devices plugged into it. One failed which was a USB check. It said it couldn't run. This however seems normal since I ran the same on a brand new dell pc. It to was unable to run that particular check.

I will follow the above recommendations and let you know.

I have no idea what the Broadcom and mass storage devices are though. When up and running I have a wireless keyboard and mouse connected via a dell docking station. There is also an Ethernet and power cable connected. I also have a USB fan and the Roxie connected. That is the sum of it. Like I said they are all still there with nothing connected and the machine rebooted.

The pc is a dell so I ran the driver check from the web site. One was upgraded but the issue remains. I also ran the hw check utility provided. While no devices plugged into it. One failed which was a USB check. It said it couldn't run. This however seems normal since I ran the same on a brand new dell pc. It to was unable to run that particular check.

I will follow the above recommendations and let you know.

I have no idea what the Broadcom and mass storage devices are though. When up and running I have a wireless keyboard and mouse connected via a dell docking station. There is also an Ethernet and power cable connected. I also have a USB fan and the Roxie connected. That is the sum of it. Like I said they are all still there with nothing connected and the machine rebooted.

No entry in Device manager will ever leave 'not show' unless you uninstall it and reboot the pc.

After rebooting note if a install driver window pops up and what it is for then check Device Manager for any new entry under Other Devices.

Edited by cdanteek
  • Like 1

Okay finally getting somewhere thank you! The three other devices didn't go away even with nothing plugged into the laptop. Must be some internal thing. Anyway I disabled them. The rest worked fine but now I have two roxio devices under sound. No idea if this is good or bad.

I see some image in capture mode now but it is only of the top of the screen and it is duplicated several times. Also see the current version. No updates seem to be available. Note the no signal though.

post-130579-0-90908500-1474055441_thumb.png

post-130579-0-69051600-1474055448_thumb.png

Edited by skynet600

Attach a picture of what you see in the Device Manager ( Sound Video and Game Controllers) with the Roxio unit plugged into your Computer.

You should see what is shown in Post #2.

Are you sure your Installation DVD is for Roxio Game Capture HD Pro and NOT Roxio Game Capture ?.

This is what your picture in post #10 shows...

post-68-0-17333500-1474067354_thumb.png

Edited by ogdens
  • Like 1

So here is an image. Ye sthere was another misunderstanding. While I was troubleshooting this issue I went and downloaded the sw again. I must have downloaded Pro. What I have shown you now is what the install CD presented. I uninstalled all Roxio sw, rebooted and installed from CD again. No idea if the CD is for my hw though. Will it say HD Pro on it? Mine just says game capture HU348E on a label underneath it.

post-130579-0-15994300-1474222483_thumb.png

You have the Standard version

post-68-0-37317200-1474225369_thumb.png

You should be good to go....just hook up your console.

post-68-0-41385100-1474225446_thumb.png

• Like 1

Do you have Xbox/PlayStation?. What settings do you have them set at?. Are you getting a good signal on your TV?.

Go here http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/overview.html (scroll down to almost the end)...... their are some video tutorials that may help you on the setup.

• Like 1

xbox 360. component cable is set to HDTV. Under xbox settings I have 1080i selected. The TV picture isn't as clear as HDMI but good enough for recording and playing. The point here is I am not seeing on Roxio the same as I see on the TV. As I said the Roxio image is the top few inches of the tv screen and then duplicated.

xbox 360. component cable is set to HDTV. Under xbox settings I have 1080i selected. The TV picture isn't as clear as HDMI but good enough for recording and playing. The point here is I am not seeing on Roxio the same as I see on the TV. As I said the Roxio image is the top few inches of the tv screen and then duplicated.

I don't know if 1080i works. The card is good to 480p.

• Like 1

The RGC "standard" will accept an HD input, but it's only a standard definition (480p) output. It downscales the signal as needed.

Sorry but what does that mean? I need to set Xbox to 480p? Any other settings mentioned above not right or standard?

No... it means that you can input your 1080i signal to the device, but, it only support 480p output. So your output is only Standard Dev, regardless of your input signal.

• Like 1

Ah okay but that doesn't explain the output I see. The device only shows the very top of the image but replicates it several times in the viewing window as seen in my image earlier.

Edited by skynet600
  • Like 1

Ah okay but that doesn't explain the output I see. The device only shows the very top of the image but replicates it several times in the viewing window as seen in my image earlier.

Does 'unknown device' still show under other devices?

Are you still getting the Green "no signal" .....as in your picture in Post #10?.

Edited by ogdens

And no, that doesn't explain it. You should see a full screen version of your image, only in Standard Def, not Hi-Def, not just the top part repeated.

Sorry for the delay. So a few questions to answer:

Yes I still have one unknown device in device manager although I see Roxio correctly.

I still get the green no signal.