• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JacenTalon

Mydvd Needed Codecs And Bluray

Question

Hi there!

I just bought toast titanium 15 pro and I want to

a) burn stuff to a nice DVD with menus in Toast MyDVD

B) burn the same stuff and menus to a BluRay in MyDVD as well

I cut all my movies in FCPX and normally exported them with Apple ProRes 422. iDVD did suck them all in, but MyDVD won't. Which would be the best codec to export the movies to work an a DVD and which one to work on a BluRay?

When I open MyDVD I can't select BluRay. It is grey and unclickable... Do I need to download anything more or what shall I do to make it work!

Thanks for your support!

5 answers to this question

If it won't import the file, then it is more than likely that there is something wrong in the file.

Try a New Project as a Blu ray and try adding a simple MP4 file and see what it does.

Hi,

I own toast 14 and prior. I have not yet purchased toast 15. Is this your first purchase of toast? I see that you bought toast 15 pro. The pro version includes a blue ray plugin that must be installed in order to use the blue ray options. Did you install it? I have had very poor results using MyDVD. I end up using toast and setting things up myself. I see you use FCPX and IDVD and have had no problems. Here is what I would do. Take one of the files created in FCPX and open it in toast, (not MYDVD). Make sure you have the blue ray plugin installed before doing this. The fact that the blue ray option is grayed out typically means that the plugin was not installed or something when wrong with the install. Then make the selections for your DVD. Then do a "save as" disc image.

I am not knowledgeable about codecs other than that some video codecs are not compatible with toast.

Wish I knew more to assist you.

Jacen, sounds like you haven't authorized the BluRay plugin yet. That is step one. It's not totally intuitive on how to do that, but it *is* step one.

Jim, there is likely nothing wrong with the file. I know you're a PC user, and likely mistrust Mac applications, but FCPX is a great program that outputs usable files. The problem is MyDVD. It will only accept certain files using certain CODECs. What are those files and CODECs, you ask? Great question! Sadly, Roxio has never answered. Through trial and error (and error, and error, and error, and . . .), I've found that it accepts only .mov files (see here).

Kathi

Edited by MacGeek

Jim, there is likely nothing wrong with the file. I know you're a PC user, and likely mistrust Mac applications, but FCPX is a great program that outputs usable files.

Kathi

Don't be silly!

We were asked to look in here and help out as there is not a regular Guru for the MAC apps. Casting stones? No my idea of help ;)