Sign in to follow this  
Peleahey

No Direct Printing Capabilites With Toast For Mac.

Question

If you were wondering if Toast 15 for Mac has any direct print to DVD, CD or Blu-Ray capabilities, here's your answer and it won't take 20 minutes to find out:

Chat started on 27 Oct 2016, 04:08 PM (GMT+0)
(04:08:40) *** Visitor 58159218 joined the chat ***
(04:08:41) Peter Leahey: I bought Toast 15 Pro, is there a program that I can use to print directly on to a DVD using my Epson artisan printer?
(04:08:42) Corel Customer Support: This chat will be recorded for quality purposes. Terms of Use http://www.corel.com/en-ca/terms-of-use/| Privacy Policy http://www.corel.com/en-ca/corel-privacy-policy/
(04:09:02) *** Jenniffer P. joined the chat ***
(04:09:05) Jenniffer P.: Welcome to Corel! My name is Jenniffer.
(04:09:07) Jenniffer P.: Hello Peter
(04:09:53) Jenniffer P.: You mean the DVD cover?
(04:09:53) Peter Leahey: Also I am using a Mac Pro, OS 10.11.6
(04:10:04) Peter Leahey: No direct to DVD
(04:10:48) Jenniffer P.: This method you are referring to is like LightScribe, correct?
(04:11:50) Peter Leahey: No, I buy printable DVD's, and I used to use Epson PrintCD but that no longer loads.
(04:15:06) Peter Leahey: Direct printing onto white printable DVD's using an Epson Artisan 725.
(04:15:38) Peter Leahey: I think Easy Media Creator had that feature.
(04:15:53) Jenniffer P.: I suggest NXT 5 or NXT Pro 5
(04:17:30) Peter Leahey: Ok, so nothing in the Toast applications will do this.
(04:18:18) Jenniffer P.: Toast, none.
(04:18:49) Peter Leahey: Are Roxio and Corel the same company?
(04:20:12) Jenniffer P.: Yes
(04:21:22) Peter Leahey: NXT 5 has many of the same functions as Toast, so I would have to buy NXT just for the label creator?
(04:23:16) Jenniffer P.: Yes.
(04:23:48) Jenniffer P.: And NXT 5 cam be installed on a Windows operating system .
(04:24:11) Peter Leahey: So no Mac version.
(04:25:51) Jenniffer P.: None. Toast 15 is for Mac. But it has no print directly to DVD feature
(04:26:34) Peter Leahey: Okay, that's the answer then, that all thank you.
(04:27:06) Jenniffer P.: You are welcome
(04:27:08) Jenniffer P.: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
(04:27:46) Jenniffer P.: If you have no further questions, please close this chat session. - Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Service. Feel free to rate this chat and provide your comments. Bye for now and have a great day.
(04:27:57) *** Peter Leahey has commented: Absurd. No ability to print label directly to DVD, CD or Blu Ray for a Mac! ***
(04:27:59) *** Peter Leahey left the chat ***

3 answers to this question

Not sure why you are blaming Roxio for the non-functionality of Epson software with an Epson printer.

By the way, Epson Support [> select printer] [>select Utilities] lists Epson Print CD v2.41 as latest (10/11/16) software for OS X 10.11.x and even macOS 10.12.x.

Even the Epson Print CD v2.00 software loads fine on my machine (10.11.6), although I haven't printed with it for a while.

FYI:

I haven't seen any version of Creator (NXT) that will print on Printable Media...

They will do labels (not a good solution for DVD/BD) and LightScribe but not printable media!

I use my Epson software for that and never look back. While I use a PC, I don't want anyone to go out and buy software that will not deliver what a mistaken tech claims it will -_-

I never upgraded to version 15 (Didn't see a compelling reason to), but in version 14 I received a lot of apps with Toast - one of those being Disc Label. I use Disc label to print directly to DVDs and Blu-Rays on my Epson Artisan 835 printer. The Artisan 835 has a disc tray that allows for direct printing onto inkjet-ready media.

Kathi