• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Travasaurus

How To Create Bootable Usb Flash Drive From Iso File

Question

I have the latest version of Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning (Version 14.0.49.2; 5.0.0.0, Build 140B49C, ECD; 701B41A, ECD) running on Windows 10 Professional updated to the latest build. My problem is that I have a bootable ISO file (EaseUS Partition Master) which I've downloaded and I need to burn it to a bootable USB flash drive so I can boot-up on it and run the program. However, try as I might I can't find out how to accomplish this task - it gives me an option to burn it to disc but not to a USB flash drive. It's a dirt-common function and one I'm sure this Roxio program has, but so far I haven't discovered how to make it work. Any information on how to use Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning to do this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Easy CD & DVD Burning handles optical discs. It's not designed to create bootable USB drives.

Since you already have your source ISO, download a copy of RUFUS from here. It's a free, open-source tool, use it to write your ISO to bootable USB.

That page also links to tutorials if necessary.

Regards,

Brendon

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice. I did just that and it worked like a charm; that's a handy little app and the price was certainly right. I am surprised though that the Roxio program didn't include the ability to burn an ISO to a flash drive in this day & age; I figured it would burn just about anything to anything, especially since it is able to create ISOs. Does the higher-end Roxio program do this? I've used just about every EZ Creator program from the first version-on but I wound it up at Creator 2012 because Windows 7 could do just about every routine chore I needed. Ironically Microsoft took the ability to copy discs out of Windows 10 (for some unfathomable reason) and that's why I had to give-in and buy the Easy CD & DVD Burning program. I would hope that Roxio would include the ability to burn an ISO to a flash drive the next time they upgrade the program, since this is a function that just about everybody and their dog needs these days, especially since many new computers are coming sans DVD drives now. If you don't have the Internet, a network hook-up or Bluetooth you're out of luck transferring files or making an emergency recovery disc unless you have a flash drive... Hint, hint Roxio!

No, the 'full' versions don't do USB either. Creator 2012 is thought by many here to be the last fully-abled version, as NXT seems to be getting progressively 'simpler'.

I think Roxio's strength has always been with the writing of optical media, -They provided all the software for MS to include in Windows - and that side of the business is now fading towards obscurity as memory chips for storage are getting cheaper, bigger, and faster.

At the same time blank discs are getting harder to find in stores, and many laptops no longer include CD/DVD drives.

I'm just guessing, but you might find that the future Corel will concentrate more on their other software, manipulating and presenting video imagery rather than writing it to plastic.

On 12/13/2016 at 5:45 PM, Travasaurus said:

Any information on how to use Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning to do this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think using USB is easier,you just need an empty USB,but for CD or DVD,you have to get a drive.

Basker, This thread was started back in 2016 and for an obsolete version. The originator hasn't been back since.

It is futile to post in this tread.  Please stay with the newer postings and in topics you know something about and can add something new to the discussions.