• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
PeggyMac

File Open Crashes

Question

I burn my DVD and it looks good. After checking out the DVD, I do a save File save, type in a file name and then save.

When I return to Toast and try a File Open Recent, selecting the file I saved, Toast crashes with a dump. Using Finder to locate the saved file, which is xxx.disc, and opening the file with double clicks, invoked Toast just fine but also crashes just as the above did.

Any information would be great, maybe someone has been successful.

2 answers to this question

I don't know why Toast would crash on opening .disc files. The whole purpose of saving such, is to open the file again at a later time.

Note that saving a .disc file will only save the settings of the current project, not the media (video) itself, just where the media is on your disk. If you move or delete media files in between saving and re-opening, then the .disc file will not work anymore, even if it doesn't crash Toast.

Note that Open/Open recent/double-clicking do exactly the same thing, and consequently should result in the same behavior (either as intended or crashing).

You could try deleting the Toast Preference files, as corrupt preference files may cause applications to behave erratic.

I did move the first few disc files before I read the warning that moves will corrupt files. But,the last six were not moved and they still crash the software. It is consistent no matter how you open the file, crashes.

Any idea where the media files are kept? Thanks