rthurlow

Roxio Creator 2010 Pro "copy Disc" Doesn't Copy A Blu-Ray

Question

Hi folks,

I have some self-burned Blu-Ray discs of video captures, and wanted to make a copy of one of them for a friend. I used the "Copy Disc" tool in Roxio. The resultant disc did not load and play on my Blu-Ray player. With DVDs, I could always do this - the ISO image was complete, and a copy was always usable. How can this even not work? What do I need to do to make a proper copy?

Rob T

6 answers to this question

Hard to say...

Look at the file structure of the copied BD and make sure it is the same as the original.

Not all Players can use Burned discs. Many of the higher priced ones have issues. Having said that, it seems to apply more to DVD's than BD's. Eitherway, will it Play in your PC drive?

I will try to address your time issue later, when I have time :lol:

You used copy disc to make a ISO image from the original disc then burned the iso image to a blank disc and that won't play?

Look at the file structure of the copied BD and make sure it is the same as the original.

Not all Players can use Burned discs. Many of the higher priced ones have issues. Having said that, it seems to apply more to DVD's than BD's. Eitherway, will it Play in your PC drive?

I will have a closer look at the file structure when I get some time this weekend. I don't know Blu-Ray as well as I knew DVD.

Re: burned discs, the working original was a burned disc authored with Roxio, and the original plays well. Digital Guru, yes, though I did the copy in one step without touching the intermediate ISO file.

Interesting extra data point: I authored another disc and selected the option in the Burn dialog to also save an ISO. I burned that ISO and that copy worked. So at least I don't have to re-author everything in future.

• Like 1

Digital Guru, yes, though I did the copy in one step without touching the intermediate ISO file.

Interesting extra data point: I authored another disc and selected the option in the Burn dialog to also save an ISO. I burned that ISO and that copy worked.

Why I asked and what most here would tell you to do!

Copy the disc to the hard drive as a image file then burn the image file to your DVD.

You solved your problem.... :)

Well, the BD-R that won't read has zero visible files according to Windows, so it's quite pooched.

I didn't trust Roxio to read to ISO and then write. I found I had Nero, whose disc copy function works fine, thank you. Roxio looks just busted. I have a solution.

Well, the BD-R that won't read has zero visible files according to Windows, so it's quite pooched.

I didn't trust Roxio to read to ISO and then write. I found I had Nero, whose disc copy function works fine, thank you. Roxio looks just busted. I have a solution.

Good that you have your problem solved.