• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Bekki

Runtime Error When Encoding Movies

Question

Hello.

I am encoding old movies so they can be watched without support from the older versions of Roxio. I encoded 24 movies without a problem, but 5 of them won't encode properly. I get the message "Runtime Error. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

The movies vary in length, but do not exceed 60 minutes. Two needed to be rendered in order to burn to a dvd, but even the rendered movies won't encode. Those 2 movies only contain digital clips. The other 3 movies that won't encode are movies made from clips that were transferred from VHS-C tapes to digital clips.

I checked my drivers and they are updated and running properly.

I have Windows 10 and recently upgraded to NXT5 because Roxio 2010 and 2012 wouldn't work correctly with Windows 10.

My computer is Lenovo.

Processor: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12Computer Cores 4C-8G 3.50 GHz

RAM: 12.0 GB (10.9 GB usable)

System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor

I'd appreciate tips on what I need to do to successfully encode these 5 movies. Thank you!

Bekki

9 answers to this question

I have Windows 10 and recently upgraded to NXT5 because Roxio 2010 and 2012 wouldn't work correctly with Windows 10.

Several regulars here run C2012 under W-10!

NXT 5 is inferior to C2012 with a different My DVD a Corel version.

How long in time are the ones that won't encode?

I completely agree with your opinion of NXT5 compared to Roxio 2012. I bought 2012 with the hope that it would run with Windows 10, but for some reason I didn't find the same success. Nothing would burn. The videowave portion worked just fine when I created the movies, but MyDVD wouldn't create a finished product. I got frustrated and just updated. I was disappointed with how basic MyDVD is in NXT5, but I need something that will run with my computer.

As for my movies: the 2 movies that were created with a digital camcorder are 60 minutes in length. Prior to my computer upgrade to Windows 10, I used Creator 2010 to make and burn the movies. At that time, they wouldn't burn and I needed to render them prior to burning a DVD. That worked. However, I didn't know to encode movies so I'm just now doing that process and neither movie that required rendering will now encode.

The other 3 movies that won't encode are from old clips that I made digital from old VHS-C tapes. They burned just fine to a DVD, but when I encode them, the movie clips will lag and stall. The audio portion continues, but the picture on the video will freeze and not move forward with the audio. That's odd. Those 3 movies are less than 30 minutes in length each.

At that time, they wouldn't burn and I needed to render them prior to burning a DVD. That worked. However, I didn't know to encode movies so I'm just now doing that process and neither movie that required rendering will now encode.

Explain what your doing, what application your using, along with what Roxio version your using, when you use the word 'render' 'encode' 'rendering will now encode? We have to understand what your doing in what application and software version.

What blank DVD brand name and X speed rating are you using to burn you projects to?

Edited by cdanteek

I hope I answer the questions in a way that gives you the information you need. I don't actually understand what rendering means. I was told to render movies when I had trouble burning them, so I did that, but I didn't actually understand what I was doing.

This is what I'm doing:

I am using Roxio 2010 to encode movies I made when I still used that version of Roxio. I'm outputting them to a video file so they can be played without using the Roxio program. When I open the movies in Roxio 2010, everything plays fine and works fine. I was able to output 24 of the movies I made using 2010 to a video file without any problems. However 5 movies will not "encode to a video file" properly. Those 5 movies have some issues with them. 3 of them are from converted VHS-C tapes. I made the tapes digital. 2 of them wouldn't burn when I was making DVDs and I was told to "render the movie" which I did. I'm not sure what to fix in order to have those 5 movies output to a video file properly. I tried to use NXT5 to output them to a video file, but that updated version wouldn't locate some of my files and won't output them to a video file.

When I hit the command to output the movie to a video file, I don't change any of the properties.

I am not burning DVDs.

So your using videowave in C2010 to 'output' 'export as' to what file format?

I've post a pic of formats you choose from, this is what your doing?

post-97-0-45196800-1488562238_thumb.jpg

Yes! That is exactly what I'm doing. When it says video quality, same as original. Should I change that setting?

Yes! That is exactly what I'm doing. When it says video quality, same as original. Should I change that setting?

What was is the original and do you ever plan on burning to a DVD or just have it and play it on the PC?

Hi. I managed to get the movies that were originally VHC-S converted to digital to encode to a video file without stalling and lagging using NXT5. The other 2 movies were made into a video file after I removed 2 video clips that were from Iphones that hung up the project. I'm pleased they are all able to be stored without needing Roxio to open them, but it was a bit of a mess trying to use 3 different Roxio versions because nothing worked well trying to blend old projects with new technology!

Thank you for your help!

Bekki

• Like 1

You're welcome, never count on project files from one version working in a newer version. :)