• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bullet Text In Videowave

pwillis

Question

I have Roxio Creator 10. I'm doing a slideshow which has to be timed exactly to music. I started using PowerPoint because I'm more familiar with how to use it, but each time I run the slideshow with PowerPoint, the music starts at a slightly different time, so I think Videowave in Roxio is my best bet. My problem relates to some text slides I have. In PowerPoint, it's pretty easy to add bullet points and have the text fade in line by line on a slide. I can also change the timing at which the text lines fade in. I can't figure out how to do this in Videowave or if it's even possible to do it in Videowave. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Try starting your text with Alt 0149 (•)

You press and hold the Alt key - type the 149 (numeric keypad only) and when you release Alt, it shows.

I tried for a bigger one (●), 25CF, Alt X, but it doesn't work in VW or here :( However, if you can generate it in MS Word or some other source (notepad won't do it), you can copy and paste it into your Text Effect, like I did here.

Then there is my favorite, ;)

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried creating a text box, setting up the flashing cursor to begin, then holding the Alt key and typing 149 on the numeric keypad, but the production just advanced one slide each time I typed without putting anything in the initial text box. Was I doing something out of order?

In any event, I think I haven't presented my question clearly enough. More important than the bullet "points" themselves is my hope to fade in more than one line of text on a slide sequentially. I know VW will allow me to fade in the entire slide, but I'm wondering if there is a way, either using one slide or using multiple slides, to create an effect of fading in text line by line?

I don't know why that would not work, it is pretty much a standard Windows convention that works on all my PC both in VideoWave or outside of it... I do have MS Office installed and those are from its' character sets. Some of the other common ones I use are for the em space and the em dash.

I don't know how to do the fading but you should consider the KISS formula... You want people to remember the content, not how you presented it. I have seen too many boring lectures because the presenter relied more on dazzle that content -_-

Archived