• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

a Conflict with Windows Media Player?

garydav

I have ECDC5 installed as well as Windows Media Player. I have been getting messages to the effect that another program is using the drive (or something along those lines) Needless to say nothing else is open and again nothing is shown when I hit Ctl +Alt +Del.As a Roxio program (or is it a plugin) is running in Windows Media Player, can it be that the 2 Roxio programs are fighting over access to the drive ?Should I uninstall ECDC5 if the problem continues?

I have ECDC5 installed as well as Windows Media Player. I have been getting messages to the effect that another program is using the drive (or something along those lines) Needless to say nothing else is open and again nothing is shown when I hit Ctl +Alt +Del.As a Roxio program (or is it a plugin) is running in Windows Media Player, can it be that the 2 Roxio programs are fighting over access to the drive ?Should I uninstall ECDC5 if the problem continues?

Programs such as Windows Media Player 7.01 or higher do cause problems with ECDC5 (WMP is not a Roxio program, but it does use some roxio plugins)

Could you provide the error message you are getting?

It could also be that you have got a formatted cd in the drive.

Programs such as Windows Media Player 7.01 or higher do cause problems with ECDC5 (WMP is not a Roxio program, but it does use some roxio plugins)

Could you provide the error message you are getting?

It could also be that you have got a formatted cd in the drive.

Thanks

I don't have that message to hand but

I got a second ,more helpful popup message from ECDC5 .This one said that the

"CD Player program was currently running on my system and might interfere with CD Creation.Click OK if you want to close CD Player now"

This solved the problem but I am not sure what "CD Player" actually was and why it was running but maybe it starts automatically in ECDC5 when you open the program.That quote is not verbatim but I have it written down on paper -if you want to read it I can post it.

Thanks

I don't have that message to hand but

I got a second ,more helpful popup message from ECDC5 .This one said that the

"CD Player program was currently running on my system and might interfere with CD Creation.Click OK if you want to close CD Player now"

This solved the problem but I am not sure what "CD Player" actually was and why it was running but maybe it starts automatically in ECDC5 when you open the program.That quote is not verbatim but I have it written down on paper -if you want to read it I can post it.

I've gotten that message in the past if I was playing an Audio CD from my CD drive in my computer. At that time, I was using the old, CD Player program with Windows 98 and/or Windows 2000. Basically, ECDC 5 is just telling you that something is currently using one of your drives, so that ECDC can't use it. If you want ECDC 5 to be able to use it, it is offering to kill the other application.

Hope that helps!

Archived