Delay In Native Audio

leung16

Question

I captured a clip with Dazzle (Pinnacle) from a VHS tape in mpg format. The clip played fine with Windows Media Player and RealPlayer but when I imported it into MyDVD and played it in Timeline there was a delay in the audio. The audio came on a fraction of a second after the movement of the lips. When burnt to a DVD the audio delay problem was there also. Is there anything I can do to correct it. Thank you,

1 answer to this question

when I imported it into MyDVD and played it in Timeline there was a delay in the audio. The audio came on a fraction of a second after the movement of the lips. When burnt to a DVD the audio delay problem was there also. Is there anything I can do to correct it. Thank you,

I have two workarounds for that problem, hopefully someone else knows better.

1. Open Media Selector, right click the .mpg file and extract the audio. Add the audio file to the internal music track and mute the native audio track.

2. If you captured with AC3 audio, render with Layer-II, or vice-versa. It seems that the out-of-sync problems only occur when the input video does not need to be re-rendered. Changing the audio compression type forces the rerendering.

Archived