Internet Explorer 7 Intrerferes with ECM 7.5

Mike M

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi Bruce,

I'm debating if I should leave IE 7 and upgrade to Roxio ECM 9. I'm not familiar with MyDVD since I've always used DVD Builder and VideoWave. Based on your experience, is ECM 9 worth it? I like the ECM 7.5 but worried about upgrading.

When MS Updates added IE 7 to my system, IE 6 is no longer listed on the "add/romve program" list. MS has a IE 6 SP1 download, but I'm not sure if this is the correct version to reinstall.

Any suggestions?

Mike

Guest mlpasley
After installing IE 7 as a windows update yesterday, I ran into this same problem. However after a system restore back to two days ago, I am back up an running without problems and without IE 7. If I really want tabbed windows I can probably use firefox. FYI

I have the Yahoo Toolbar installed on IE 6 and that has tabbed browsing. I'm not quite sure when it got downloaded, but if you want tabbed browsing and IE 6, that's one option.

Hello,

I updated to IE 7.0 and now my ECM 7.5 videowave and DVD Builder doesn't work. The screen freezes up when additng pictures to storyteller slideshow. How can I uninstall IE 7.0 and re-install IE 6.0?

Help.

Thanks,

Mike

First Download IE 6 again (if you don't have it on CD)

Then Remove IE7

Start >> Control Panel >> Add Remove Programs >> Then Remove IE 7

Then install IE 6.

Hello,

I updated to IE 7.0 and now my ECM 7.5 videowave and DVD Builder doesn't work. The screen freezes up when additng pictures to storyteller slideshow. How can I uninstall IE 7.0 and re-install IE 6.0?

Help.

Thanks,

Mike

I don't think there's any way around your problem other than removing 7 and going back to 6. It's very doubtful that Roxio will put out a patch for this.

Hello,

Help.

Thanks,

Mike

Plain and simple. IE 7 renders VideoWave and DVD Builder useless in version 7 and 7.5. It is highly doubtful that there will be a fix.

I did extensive testing with EMC 7.5 and IE 7, and since I like EMC 7.5, I dumped IE 7. All is fine.

I also have EMC 9 on my computer, and IE 7 shook hands with it.

Archived