• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

HELP! EMC 9 will not burn!

bgwmail

Question

Here is my issue. I have completed my video project and am ready to burn. I ran the validation and there were no problems. I click on the burn button and the burn window comes up. Upon clicking to proceed the "progress window" comes up and nothing happens. The program locks up at this point with 0% showing. It is definitely locked up, because I have let it sit for hours and still no luck.

I have run through the list of suggestions given by Roxio under "You have a general issue burning your disc" and none of these options worked. I have used my burner with other programs and have no problem. I have tried to burn in different ways (including as a image file) and it locks up in the same place everytime. I uninstalled and re-installed and this did not work either.

I am at a loss!

Here are my computer specs:

Compaq

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+

160GB hard drive

512 MB memory

Lightscribe double/dual layer 16x max DVD+-R/RW drive

Windows XP home edition

(any other needed?)

Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated.

bgwmail

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, besides jumping onto another post and saying "me too", neither of you have given any information on what you are actually doing, what errors you're getting and which of the dozens of programs in the EMC 9 suite you are using. In general it's best to start your own new post with what your issue is and include as much detail as possible.

melindat[/i]' date='Dec 2 2006, 09:01 PM' post='71654'] :)

PLEASE Help- I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing seems to work... I can burn DVD's with other programs just not roxio 9. I want to return the product and recieve a refund- i have wasted MANY (more than 10-15) hours trying to burn a DVD for my boss who has cancer and needs an uplifting video from his staff.

I cannot even convert my video production into a file that i email to him!

I have updated video drivers and firmware.

My specs are:

Dell dimension E521

dual athlon 64 x 2 processors

phillips

windows xp professional

PHILIPS DVD-ROM DROM6316

PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMPHILIPS_DVD-ROM_DROM6316________________OD7I\4&2AD8A30A&0&0.0.0

melindat,

that Philips drive you listed is a DVD-ROM drive, which means it can only read DVD discs, it cannot burn to them. If you have burned dvd discs at some point with something, you must have another drive installed also. That information, along with your video adapter make/model (and info noted above) may help someone here help you. This being a user forum, if you want to look into getting a refund, you'll have to contact Roxio. That info can be found on this page. If you want to contact Tech Support for version 9, info can be found here.

revlucnor[/b]' date='Dec 2 2006, 10:17 PM' post='71672'] I am new to the program and have experienced the same encoding/burning problem. My project went to four pages. I was listing movies individually. One of the four pages was a large slide show. I changed the project by combining the videos into one. This reduced the project to one menu page. It encoded and burned quickly. I started expanding the project first to two menu pages, and then three. Still I did not have the problem. When I went to the fourth page the problem returned.

Ron Culver

Ron,

Your issue sounds different than this post was started for. You seem to be having an issue when you add a 4th Menu, if I understand what you are trying to say. As noted above, it would be best to start your own post with as much detail as possible, including your system specs.

I also am at a loss. I cannot burn projects. If you find an answer please let me know. Some one out there must know the answer

Hi All,

Let's summarize some steps as these threads can get a bit confusing.

If you are having this issue, please respond to each step and question so that the moderators or gurus can establish a pattern. If one of the steps resolves you issue, please let us know. The more responses the better. Please keep your responses organized.

1. Follow ALL the steps in the article You have a general issue burning your disc. This includes firmware.

2. Update your video card drivers.

3. Create a new test session. However, this time, move some of your assets (video, audio, or image files) to the top level of your C drive and then add them to the session. Then create a disc image to a local hard drive and see if it completes. Remember, keep it simple just for testing purposes.

4. Where were the files created and what are their parameters (resolution, frame rate, audio sampling rate??

5. Are there any other audio/vidoe applications on your machine that maybe creating a conflict?

If we can establish a solution (or a set of steps), then we will create an article ASAP.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Jon

Hi

I seem to have the same problem as the previous posts. I have a new dell xps with a Nvidia geforce 7300 LE video card and also can not burn or save my dvd video 9 project as in ISO. I tried all the previous repairs but still can not encode the movie as it stays at zero progress. I did have a problem when I first installed Creator 9 saying the following codec must be activated. I contacted roxio for help but also contacted dell who got back to me first and had me down load Nvidia pure video decoder version 1.02 as the roxio program seemed to interfare with window media center and prevented my tv tuner to work. I thought this fixed my problems as I have been able to create video cds but I am unable to burn video and picture DVD from myDVD 9

Any suggestions or advice?

I still have not resolved the burning problem. The above solution is the second one saying the same thing. Could there be some defective creator 9's out there. I am tempted to uninstall program and return it, it seems defective to me. very very frustrated

I solved my problem as well by downloading the nVidia updated drivers. At first I thought it was a waste of my time. What do video drivers have to do with my burning problem? Well, I downloaded them anyway and installed them and it works great now. This is something for Roxio to post on their support website to make this easier to find for everyone else.

I used the following link for drivers which are for Win XP Media Center and the Gforce 7300LE:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/license/loca...nglish_whql.exe

thanks 'Nate Dogg' your post helped me find the driver to take care of my problem which was almost exact (exept my system is an XPS 400). Dell Technical Support wouldn't even tell me were to uninstall the driver so I could make sure I didn't screw something else up. when they heard the program was roxio, they said 'you'll have to talk to them, I can't help'. Roxio said I didn't have to exit/disable my McAfee Anti-virus or Spyware Doctor. they even said I didn't even have to uninstall the old one, it would just write over it. Again thanks for the help. And everyone else on the forum ... thank you for the part you played in diagnosing the problems of others,without which it would be an agonizing dilemma. :)

I hope you meant 30GB and 80GB :glare: otherwise you might as well forget about using your system for video work!

If the 30GB drive is your main drive you will most likely also run into all sorts of problems when doing video work. You need lots and lots of free hard disk space :unsure:

you tell 'em Walt. Ive got a 250 GB hard drive and I'm already on a 500 GB external hard drive ....yea its slow but when you need the room what else can you do? ;)

I don't think that it's the DVD Recorder issue. I got the TSSTCorp TSH 553A as part of my Dell computer package. Out of frustration, i bought a brand new highly regarded external DVD recorder from LG and still have the same problem of having Roxio EMC9 frozen up on me when i try to burn. The LG burner comes with automatic online firmware and driver update program. Now, i am $200 poorer (the Roxio EMC9 and the LG burner) and feeling more hopeless and stupid.

Currently, i am using the free MS Movie Maker and it has been great.

Ataloss

:) I never got a solution to the burn issue. After many weeks (installed roxio9 on Nov. 11) I am sick and tired of this nonsense. I am not going to spend any more money to try and burn a video cd or dvd. I uninstalled roxio 9 and re-installed my roxio 7 and lo and behold I am able to burn to my hearts content. I just thought that since roxio 7 was so good I would graduate to roxio 9. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS. Roxio could not help me, unless I was will to shell out $35.00 for each call I made to them. Roxio better get on the ball and fix this defective program. My solution to the burn problem was to unstall roxio 9. I can now breathe easier. I thought I was really dense, but after reading all the problems in the roxio community about the burn problem, it wasn't me, the program is defective and I am going to return it for a refund. Good luck to the rest of you out there. Hope you find a solution without having to spend $$$$$$$$ to fix the problem.

Olga, you didn't come back and tell Jess (malatekid) that he was right and you were wrong. Why not? :)

I did not come back because I had already uninstalled Roxio 9 and got a refund. I had the program for over a month and decided too many people in the roxio community had the same problem. I could not find a link for free tech assistance until I had already given up. Programs are really supposed to be easy to work with and I was really frustrated. I am really happy that the problem was solved, good luck to all of you. :huh:

I did not come back because I had already uninstalled Roxio 9 and got a refund. I had the program for over a month and decided too many people in the roxio community had the same problem. I could not find a link for free tech assistance until I had already given up. Programs are really supposed to be easy to work with and I was really frustrated. I am really happy that the problem was solved, good luck to all of you. :)

Well, you would have been happier had you had a little patience, but good luck to you, too.

Here is my issue. I have completed my video project and am ready to burn. I ran the validation and there were no problems. I click on the burn button and the burn window comes up. Upon clicking to proceed the "progress window" comes up and nothing happens. The program locks up at this point with 0% showing. It is definitely locked up, because I have let it sit for hours and still no luck.

I have run through the list of suggestions given by Roxio under "You have a general issue burning your disc" and none of these options worked. I have used my burner with other programs and have no problem. I have tried to burn in different ways (including as a image file) and it locks up in the same place everytime. I uninstalled and re-installed and this did not work either.

I am at a loss!

Compaq

160GB hard drive

512 MB memory

Windows XP home edition

(any other needed?) Video Card info is important

bgwmail

That problem is usually resolved by:

1. Installing the latest driver for your video card.

or

2. If video card driver is current, uninstall it, then re-install it.

Hi all, i have the same problem of not being able to burn dvds in MyDVD. My video card is iVIDIA Geforce 7300 LE. I bought the computer from Dell a couple of weeks ago and assume that the driver is current. I read that one of the recommendations is to uninstall and reinstall the driver. Since Dell did not include any disc from iVIDIA, how do i uninstall and reinstall? i have Windows XP Home version.

I am really new at this whole thing and would appreciate any help from you folks out there.

At a Loss

SOLUTION WORKED FOR ME!!!

I looked at something people tried in December of 2006. Apparantly this same software is still on the shelves and being sold with the same problem... Their fix was to update a video driver... sounds weird... I had the same "Lock Up at Burn" problem. I downloaded the Driver, followed the onscreen instructions and now I can burn a dvd. Will it fix your problem... duno? it did mine. Here is where they got the driver from the December problem.

:P

I am at a loss!

Compaq

160GB hard drive

512 MB memory

Windows XP home edition

(any other needed?)

bgwmail

SOLUTION WORKED FOR ME!!!

I looked at something people tried in December of 2006. Apparantly this same software is still on the shelves and being sold with the same problem... Their fix was to update a video driver... sounds weird... I had the same "Lock Up at Burn" problem. I downloaded the Driver, followed the onscreen instructions and now I can burn a dvd. Will it fix your problem... duno? it did mine. Here is where they got the driver from the December problem.

:P

That's one of the first things that folks are told to do, when they are having problems. You just didn't describe your problem in any details, and as you can see now, it wasn't a problem with the software.

You don't need a disk to install new video drivers. You go to NVidias site and download them. Prior to installing the new drivers, you uninstall the ones on there already.

My advice to both of you is to have a friend, who knows computers, help you with this. Once you watch how it is done, you will be able to do it yourself, in the future. We have all been in your position, before.

And the brand and model number of your video card is?

as mentioned in my post, the video card does not exist per se.. it's integrated.

being a work computer, i'm just trying to work with what's provided. now i'll have to try and explain to them why their $100 purchase is going to cost them a lot more. they love spending money on me. :P

thanks for all your assistance. I might get a snazzy new computer out of this!

I just found out how to solve my encoding and burning problem with creator 9 dvd project. My video card is nvidia Gforce 7300le. I am running on a dell xps 410. Dell originally had me download nvidia pure video decoder version 1.02 as I was unable to view tv with window media center when I installed roxio 9. I thought this updated my video card driver . I today download Nvidia ForceWare release 90 and I am now able to encode and burn my dvd project. Hope this helps.

as mentioned in my post, the video card does not exist per se.. it's integrated.

being a work computer, i'm just trying to work with what's provided. now i'll have to try and explain to them why their $100 purchase is going to cost them a lot more. they love spending money on me. :P

thanks for all your assistance. I might get a snazzy new computer out of this!

Video card for some of the software I use at work cost just under $1,000. Should have heard them squawk when we needed to replace one!!!

Before giving up, try Tools Options and set your Rendering to Software. This should take the video card out of the loop.

If that doesn't do the trick, try some other video clip. If you Burn to Image you can put it through its' paces without using any media.

don't think you guys really had a "burn" issue so update the firmware for the DVD burner probably wouldn't help... choose to make a disc image before to clarify if it's a burn problem or an encoding problem... also, what is the driver date for the "latest" video card driver you installed?

I love people with assumptions. Where did you learn that EMC 9 support costs $35? unless you called the wrong phone number... Go to Roxio's Contact Us page and get the EMC 9 support # there which is free since I just made a call right now FOR YOU to verify that... I like to gather my facts before I post

If yu don't mind I would to know that phone number you mention.

A desperate Roxio user, Unsopported!

I had the wrong driver- i posted my E drive

here are my correct specs:

:) Dell dimension E521

dual athlon 64 x 2 processors

phillips

windows xp professional

<snip>

Note that there is no way you can get two AMD64 X2 procs in a Dell E521. If there was, I'd be at the haed of the line to buy one ! And the E521 is Dell's replacement for their previous Dimension 3100 which was an economy oriented system which included integrated audio and video. I know, my mother has one that I bought her. Of course hers is an Intel-based system whereas yours is AMD.

My computer is brand new, it is a XPS 410 19"DVI Core 2 Duo E6400 2GB RAM 250 GB HDD 256MBnVidia Graphics 13-in1 Media Card Reader. IIt's operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Media Center. It has Roxio Creator Basic/My DD BASic, Sonic Cineplayer, Adobe Acrobat Reader. WEhen I installed Easy Media Creator 9 Suite it asked me if it could remove a program, I do not remember which but it was dls or something to that effect and I said yes, it removed it and continued to install. I got frustrated about the no burn situation and I removed it with my add or remove program. I then installed again with the same remove or add wizard and it went in, but still cannot burn my projects. I am ready to remove the roxio creator 9 and install my roxio 7 program. I was able to burn with roxio seven if I install it would it work with my new computer? I am still frustrated and at a loss. I bought a new roxio 9, paid good money for it and expected to get a good working program, HELP. Please reply. Is there a phone service for support in using this program?

Hi All,

Let's summarize some steps as these threads can get a bit confusing.

If you are having this issue, please respond to each step and question so that the moderators or gurus can establish a pattern. If one of the steps resolves you issue, please let us know. The more responses the better. Please keep your responses organized.

1. Follow ALL the steps in the article You have a general issue burning your disc. This includes firmware.

2. Update your video card drivers.

3. Create a new test session. However, this time, move some of your assets (video, audio, or image files) to the top level of your C drive and then add them to the session. Then create a disc image to a local hard drive and see if it completes. Remember, keep it simple just for testing purposes.

4. Where were the files created and what are their parameters (resolution, frame rate, audio sampling rate??

5. Are there any other audio/vidoe applications on your machine that maybe creating a conflict?

If we can establish a solution (or a set of steps), then we will create an article ASAP.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Jon

don't think you guys really had a "burn" issue so update the firmware for the DVD burner probably wouldn't help... choose to make a disc image before to clarify if it's a burn problem or an encoding problem... also, what is the driver date for the "latest" video card driver you installed?

I just thought that since roxio 7 was so good I would graduate to roxio 9. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS. Roxio could not help me, unless I was will to shell out $35.00 for each call I made to them. Roxio better get on the ball and fix this defective program. My solution to the burn problem was to unstall roxio 9. I can now breathe easier. I thought I was really dense, but after reading all the problems in the roxio community about the burn problem, it wasn't me, the program is defective and I am going to return it for a refund. Good luck to the rest of you out there. Hope you find a solution without having to spend $$$$$$$$ to fix the problem.

I love people with assumptions. Where did you learn that EMC 9 support costs $35? unless you called the wrong phone number... Go to Roxio's Contact Us page and get the EMC 9 support  # there which is free since I just made a call right now FOR YOU to verify that... I like to gather my facts before I post

Video card for some of the software I use at work cost just under $1,000. Should have heard them squawk when we needed to replace one!!!

Before giving up, try Tools Options and set your Rendering to Software. This should take the video card out of the loop.

If that doesn't do the trick, try some other video clip. If you Burn to Image you can put it through its' paces without using any media.

thanks James

no go on the new computer. dang-it!

I did find previously the "rendering to software" and "burn to image" to no avail. i just tried burning a super-small wmv file (824Kb) and everything worked fine! so I've devised a new plan that seems to be working...

convert the DVD video file i captured with the video camera (.vob file) to a wmv file. then burn this file to an image and then to a disc. biggest problem seems to be that the wmv file created from the dvd file is even bigger so then the burn to dvd image file is huge! but at least it's now encoding! i'll have to fool around with quality settings or something to get the size right.

thanks

Archived