• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows 10.1 Audio Cd Track Info Lookup Causes Runtime Error

SoundMan

Question

When using Batch Convert & Transfer or Advanced Rip on Windows 10.1, I get a Run Time error when trying to look up disk info:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: D:\Program Files (...

And that's all the info get. If I try to just convert in Batch and Convert it aborts the same way when I click add after the Adding to Project progress bar appears. In advanced Rip, I can Rip, but it comes up as unknown content for all disks; if I try to look it up, it aborts.

I've tried repair and an uninstall and complete reinstall with no success.

5 answers to this question

Google for that Windows error and fix that first. There are a lot of suggested fixes. Here is one that is easy to follow.

Once that is fixed, do you still have the problem? I just tied it and it worked for me but I have old music tracks. Are your new or are they rather obscure?

Did you have your antivirus enabled when you did the install/repair?

Edited by sknis

To the Windows version question, it is 1703.

I tried the suggested fix, rebooted, tried, rebooted again, tried, same result.

Norton Security is installed on my system (Dell XPS 8500, I'm sure its a Windows update that started it as it was working fine and now only works once in a blue moon. The CD I'm currently trying is Copyright 2012, Universal Records.

An update, apparently it is some disks because others are working. HOWEVER, even when it works on the first disk, it aborts with the same error on a second disk that can be looked up after restarting the application. This and not being able to handle disks it can't find is a bug, I used to be able to do several disks in succession.

Another question now, since it doesn't appear to be related to the previously mentioned fix, how do I back the fix out or does it really mater?

Thanks!