• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem accessing 3-D transitions in Creator 9 Videowave

Chiz

Question

I just upgraded to Creator 9. In Videowave, I am unable to access certain transition groups that I could use in Creator 7. The missing transition groups are Page Turns, Distort and 3-D. When I click on these headings, I get a blank Effect Selector screen with the message: "There are no items to show in this view"

In Videowave Tools > Options the Graphics is set to Software. When I switch it to Hardware and run a Graphics Test, I get the message: "The render method has been switched to Software, based on known capabilities of your video card."

Our DirectX is version 9.0c. The Graphics Controller is Intel ® 82865G. The Chip Set is 6.14.10.4396, with the most current driver available PV 14.17.

Why can't I access these fun transitions when I could use them with the older version of Creator? I was also unable to access these transitions with Creator 8, and was hoping that upgrading to Creator 9 would take care of the problem. Any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

The answer is right there with the message. Your video chipset can't handle those transitions. At this point you can only upgrade your video set up to get the missing transitions. V8 and V9 "hand off"much of the video rendering work to your video card/chip. If it can't handle it, the program defaults to software so you lose those transitions. I you have a laptop, it is pretty hard to add a video card. You can use the program and not use the transitions or just use V7. If you bought the program on-line within 30 days, you can see about a refund.

The system requirements only state "DirectX9 or higher" graphics card. What Chip Set is required to handle the video rendering work?

I just upgraded to Creator 9. In Videowave, I am unable to access certain transition groups that I could use in Creator 7. The missing transition groups are Page Turns, Distort and 3-D. When I click on these headings, I get a blank Effect Selector screen with the message: "There are no items to show in this view"

In Videowave Tools > Options the Graphics is set to Software. When I switch it to Hardware and run a Graphics Test, I get the message: "The render method has been switched to Software, based on known capabilities of your video card."

Our DirectX is version 9.0c. The Graphics Controller is Intel ® 82865G. The Chip Set is 6.14.10.4396, with the most current driver available PV 14.17.

Why can't I access these fun transitions when I could use them with the older version of Creator? I was also unable to access these transitions with Creator 8, and was hoping that upgrading to Creator 9 would take care of the problem. Any suggestions?

The answer is right there with the message. Your video chipset can't handle those transitions. At this point you can only upgrade your video set up to get the missing transitions. V8 and V9 "hand off"much of the video rendering work to your video card/chip. If it can't handle it, the program defaults to software so you lose those transitions. I you have a laptop, it is pretty hard to add a video card. You can use the program and not use the transitions or just use V7. If you bought the program on-line within 30 days, you can see about a refund.

Archived