glaucon

Video Export Error

Question

I downloaded a 36 MB Windows Media Video (WMV) Standard, 320 X 240, 25 fps; Audio: WMV standard, mono, 44100 Hz

But I can't edit this video in this format and simply want to save a clip from it. Everytime I try to export the video into a different format - either the clip or the entire video - I get a "Result Code - 2126" error.

I am using an iMac intel, OS 10.4.8 and the latest toast. All software is up to date. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Reed

7 answers to this question

I don't have this, but I believe the Flip4Mac Player Pro application will allow you to edit a WMV file and export it in a QuickTime format that Toast can use. It sells for $29 at flip4mac.com.

I don't have this, but I believe the Flip4Mac Player Pro application will allow you to edit a WMV file and export it in a QuickTime format that Toast can use. It sells for $29 at flip4mac.com.

Jeez, I just downloaded Toast for $99 today because the website says it handles WMV files - it plays the file ok. Now I'm supposed to buy another program? Isn't it supposed to handle wmv files?

Reed

Jeez, I just downloaded Toast for $99 today because the website says it handles WMV files - it plays the file ok. Now I'm supposed to buy another program? Isn't it supposed to handle wmv files?

Reed

I may be mistaken but I didn't think Toast supports wmv files. How do play them in Toast?

If this is why you bought Toast - and if I'm correct about the wmv issue - you might want to take advantage of Roxio's refund policy.

I may be mistaken but I didn't think Toast supports wmv files. How do play them in Toast?

If this is why you bought Toast - and if I'm correct about the wmv issue - you might want to take advantage of Roxio's refund policy.

Hi tsantee - when i open up toast, and go to the 'video' tab window, I can then drag the wmv file into, click on edit, and it will play. I can even select a segment of the file to save and export. But when I attempt to save or export - no matter what the format - I get the result code 2126 Mac OS error.

Thanks for your time,

Reed

I think that the only reason that Toast works with WMV files is the plugin created to play WMV files in Quicktime. I have never used too many WMV files though so someone correct me if I am wrong.

That being said, some of the new WMV formats (I think version 10 and 11) as well as copy protected WMV files are not supported by the plugin for Quicktime.

flip4mac pro or studio version will export wmv to a quicktime compatible format (I believe you need QT pro to export also). You can also try mpeg streamclip

flip4mac pro or studio version will export wmv to a quicktime compatible format (I believe you need QT pro to export also). You can also try mpeg streamclip

Thanks.

r