• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave project Audio Issues

kndnorman

Question

Hello All,

I know there is a pro out there after reading all the current entries. Here is my problem if you can help me. I am creating a project in videowave - really just getting started and have about 65 frames. I added an audio file to the overall project as instructed in the manual. When I play the project back on the computer to review it for timing - the audio file is scratchy and fuzzy sounding. I checked the audio file in different players and it plays fine everywhere else. It is just a wav file and I even tried it in mp3. No matter what audio I put on this project - when playing it back for review in videowave it sounds scratchy and fuzzy like a bad 45 record.

Any ideas as this will be a 4 month project for me and I will be adding lots of photos, video clips and music.

Thanks I really appreciate it.

Kim

8 answers to this question

Hello All,

I know there is a pro out there after reading all the current entries. Here is my problem if you can help me. I am creating a project in videowave - really just getting started and have about 65 frames. I added an audio file to the overall project as instructed in the manual. When I play the project back on the computer to review it for timing - the audio file is scratchy and fuzzy sounding. I checked the audio file in different players and it plays fine everywhere else. It is just a wav file and I even tried it in mp3. No matter what audio I put on this project - when playing it back for review in videowave it sounds scratchy and fuzzy like a bad 45 record.

Any ideas as this will be a 4 month project for me and I will be adding lots of photos, video clips and music.

Kim

Success Woot Woot!

Thanks Steve (the other one).

Going to windows start run and the dxdiag box and adjusting the sound worked beautifully.

I did have to take it down two notches to basic just in case anyone else has this problem.

Now I seem to have two songs on the production itself (not on an individual panel). I cannot seem to find a delete for one of them.

I can find the edit but it only gives edits for the song I pick. This is probably and easy one but I seem to be having trouble finding out how to delete one of them.

Thanks so much again - I am working on the specs to post in my profile but I am not a computer guru so it will take me some time to figure out exactly what I have.

Kim

Success Woot Woot!

Thanks Steve (the other one).

Going to windows start run and the dxdiag box and adjusting the sound worked beautifully.

I did have to take it down two notches to basic just in case anyone else has this problem.

Now I seem to have two songs on the production itself (not on an individual panel). I cannot seem to find a delete for one of them.

I can find the edit but it only gives edits for the song I pick. This is probably and easy one but I seem to be having trouble finding out how to delete one of them.

Thanks so much again - I am working on the specs to post in my profile but I am not a computer guru so it will take me some time to figure out exactly what I have.

Kim

I stole (borrowed) that fix from grandpabruce. I just have a good memory and he is probably working hard to design a new housing development. Glad that worked.

Do your editing in VideoWave timeline and you should see the music in one of the audio tracks - either external or internal. You should be able to delete it there. Also clear your proxy files. Tools> options. clear proxy files. Sometimes the ghost music is in one of the files. don't worry, they are immediately rebuilt (without the ghost music.)

Hello All,

Kim

So did I ask a tough question or not give enough information? Anyone? I know I am new at this but I thought I was asking the right way - Please help..

This is just a suggestion, but have you saved what you have so far (just as a temporary Videowave, dmsm file) and then gone to MYDVD and imported that file and played a preview there or burned that temporary DVD file to see if the sound is still all messed up ??

Where did the audio file come from ? I know you already suggested that you have tried the audio as WAV and also MP3, but would like to know where you got the audio file from.

Frank....

So did I ask a tough question or not give enough information? Anyone? I know I am new at this but I thought I was asking the right way - Please help..

First, this is a users board and people respond only when they have something to say and are available.. Most frequent posters have full time jobs so they may not be immediately available. You might get someone from Roxio to come by but that is not part of their full time job - except for the moderator who has other duties.

You can help by posting your computer specs in your signature so that it will always be visible. Go to the My Controls link at the top of the board and then to the lower left to edit your signature. Look at some other signatures to see what should be posted.

Now, with the limited information you provided, go to Windows>Start>Run> type in dxdiag > click OK. Go to the Sound tab and back down on the acceleration two notches. Try that project again. If it is OK, go back up one. Some people have indicated that they could go back to full with no problems after they played with it. Also when you are in that windows area make sure you have DirectX 9c.

The search function works well if you have a problem and you are in a bind to find an answer.

Archived