g2only

Question

I created a 'Mac & PC' CD-ROM project and needed to send an burnable image file to client (long distance)...I created a .toast file. My question is can that file be burned by the client and still retain all the hidden(mac)/invisible(PC) files as they are set within my Toast project? Client has Mac/Toast 16--just FYI.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

The .toast file is completely self-contained (does not rely on outside files/settings/variables), and should burn exactly the same on your computer as on a long distance away computer. The disk image file will retain all the settings regarding separate file systems with inter-linked files (files used on both formats are burned only once). The checkboxes allows you to exclude some files from one of the file systems; it is not about hidden or invisible (although you can have files that are not in either file system, and thus without a normal way to retrieve them). I don’t think it matters which version of Toast created the data disc image and which version of Toast burned the data disc image (although I haven’t seen anybody do it with a wide gap like e.g. v8 and v16).