• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Outlook Express disabled by EMC9

conradmetz

Question

Part 1. I originally installed EMC9 while using Internet Explorer 7 Beta, and immediately found that Outlook Express 6 had been disabled. (DrWatson Postmortem Debugger was also KO'd.) While researching the OE6 issue I found that there were EMC9/Internet Explorer 7 Beta compatibility issues that presumably would be resolved when the final IE7 version was released. Believing that my OE6 problem might somehow be related to the IE7 factor, I uninstalled EMC9. OE6 immediately returned. I had never had a similar problem with any of the several versions of EMC (through 7.5) that I had used before.

Part 2. I downloaded and installed the final version of IE7 two days ago without incident, and then yesterday reinstalled EMC9. My OE6 and DrWatson were again disabled. I used Roxann without success and then attempted to contact tech support, but was unable to negotiate that very user-UNfriendly system.

Part 3. I again uninstalled EMC9 and immediately recovered my OE6.

5 answers to this question

Part 1. I originally installed EMC9 while using Internet Explorer 7 Beta, and immediately found that Outlook Express 6 had been disabled. (DrWatson Postmortem Debugger was also KO'd.) While researching the OE6 issue I found that there were EMC9/Internet Explorer 7 Beta compatibility issues that presumably would be resolved when the final IE7 version was released. Believing that my OE6 problem might somehow be related to the IE7 factor, I uninstalled EMC9. OE6 immediately returned. I had never had a similar problem with any of the several versions of EMC (through 7.5) that I had used before.

Part 2. I downloaded and installed the final version of IE7 two days ago without incident, and then yesterday reinstalled EMC9. My OE6 and DrWatson were again disabled. I used Roxann without success and then attempted to contact tech support, but was unable to negotiate that very user-UNfriendly system.

Part 3. I again uninstalled EMC9 and immediately recovered my OE6.

Hi, Terry, thanks for your comment.

I have no reason to believe that IE7 is the culprit - just included that info as background. As far as EMC9 is concerned, however, I strongly believe that it is the problem. Had no OE6 problems with both IE7 (Beta and final) and EMC7.5 installed. The OE6 problem surfaced as soon as EMC9 was installed, and disappeared as soon as EMC9 was uninstalled, and this happened with both Beta and final versions of IE7. Under those circumstances. I am not a believer in coincidences.

Conrad

Hi, Terry, thanks for your comment.

I have no reason to believe that IE7 is the culprit - just included that info as background. As far as EMC9 is concerned, however, I strongly believe that it is the problem. Had no OE6 problems with both IE7 (Beta and final) and EMC7.5 installed. The OE6 problem surfaced as soon as EMC9 was installed, and disappeared as soon as EMC9 was uninstalled, and this happened with both Beta and final versions of IE7. Under those circumstances. I am not a believer in coincidences.

Conrad

Have you checked to see if EMC 7.5 and IE 7 get along? They don't, and IE 7 will not see the light of day on any of my computers. I didn't like it, but for those who do, it won't shake hands with some software, but it will shake hands, just fine, with EMC 9.

Initially, I had many problems trying to install EMC 9, and found that IE7 Beta was a problem. So - I waited and when IE7 went final, I tried it again, and it works AOK. So does OE6 and everything else on my system (about 55 programs.)

I have now used EMC 9 for CDRs, DVDs, and it does as well as any previous version. Ergo, no complaints. Is it better than 8? I don't see any difference except the splash screen.

There's definately a problem there,just don't know if it's being caused by Roxio.I have V9 as well as Outlook Express on my machine at home without any problems.I am not running IE7,I'm still on IE6.As far as I know the problems with IE7 were supposed to be solved in the release version of IE7,maybe they weren't.

Archived