Sign in to follow this  
mhscu

Mpeg Files To Dvd?

I have a mpeg file (it is a movie) on my hard drive and I would like to burn it to DVD. Can I do this with EMC-8? If so, which program do I use?

Thanks,

Tom

I have a mpeg file (it is a movie) on my hard drive and I would like to burn it to DVD. Can I do this with EMC-8? If so, which program do I use?

Thanks,

Tom

Yes, import into MyDVD and make menus or, if you want to do work on the movie and add transitions and effects, us Videowave.

Yes, import into MyDVD and make menus or, if you want to do work on the movie and add transitions and effects, us Videowave.

And then the last step, hit burn

to work with mpeg files I use TOAST to interpret it into DV files, then burn away

WHY would you convert it to DV first? The VOB file on a DVD is MPEG2. Sometimes if the original file is already DVD compliant MPEG, the program does NOT re-render.

Uncompressing an MPEG to DV and then RE-compressing during the DVD creation would definitely decrease the quality.

Edited by ggrussell

I am trying to burn a DVD from an MPEG on my hard drive.

I created the mpeg using Pinnacle Studio 9 3 months ago with old, slow computer.

My new computer is Win Pro x64. Pinnacle stated that they are not compatible with my 64 bit bus.

So I am searching for software that would overlook the imperfection of the 64 bit bus, and move my mpeg video to a DVD at the touch of a few buttons.

Is Roxio 8 what I need?

EMC8 runs fine on a Athlon 64 and includes 'some' 64 bit code if installed on Windows XP 64bit Edition.

Please start a new thread when posting a different topic. Thanks

Edited by ggrussell