Robbie Doo

SP2 will not install

Question

When trying to install the available SP2 update, the virus protection comes up. Why would it be recognized as a virus?

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, Brendon said:

This morning, for some unexplained reason, the update finally became available to my machine.  Perhaps it took a long time for the updates canoe to reach me? - who knows!  The file landed in the Downloads directory as usual.

Latest versions of the major virus scanners found Nothing!  It's safe, Robbie.

The update did a bunch of tiny tweaks, mainly to Photosuite from what I could see.  I couldn't find a log afterwards, but my build did shift to 55H as expected.

So thar y'are.

Just another Corel thing I guess :D

From the F8 Advanced Boot Options menu, have you chosen to Disable automatic restart on system failure?  That will stop the system from rebooting so you can perhaps see what it is complaining about when it tries to start.

Here is how to do that:

If there is a problem booting, XP is configured to automatically try to boot again and you can get stuck in a loop of just being unable to get past the boot options screen or none of the boot options you choose will work.

Sometimes when XP has a problem starting or crashes and tries to start again, it will give you a "short" menu of boot options and none of them will seem to be the right ones to get your system going again.  You've tried them all!

The options resemble the XP Advanced Boot Options menu, but the one option you need (Disable automatic restart on system failure) is not offered because XP has gone too far along in the boot process and offers you a limited number of boot options.

If that is the case, you must invoke the Advanced Boot Options menu yourself until you do see the option:

1 hour ago, Pistle said:

From the F8 Advanced Boot Options menu, have you chosen to Disable automatic restart on system failure?  That will stop the system from rebooting so you can perhaps see what it is complaining about when it tries to start.

Here is how to do that:

If there is a problem booting, XP is configured to automatically try to boot again and you can get stuck in a loop of just being unable to get past the boot options screen or none of the boot options you choose will work.

Sometimes when XP has a problem starting or crashes and tries to start again, it will give you a "short" menu of boot options and none of them will seem to be the right ones to get your system going again.  You've tried them all!

The options resemble the XP Advanced Boot Options menu, but the one option you need (Disable automatic restart on system failure) is not offered because XP has gone too far along in the boot process and offers you a limited number of boot options.

If that is the case, you must invoke the Advanced Boot Options menu yourself until you do see the option:

Are you assuming the OP is running Microsoft Windows XP operating system?

Methinks he is installing Roxio Creator NXT6 Sp2!.

Either way, the thread is over two and a half years old (Posted March 23, 2018) and a dead thread.