• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

SoundMan

MyDVD crashes after running for a while

Question

MyDVD crashes after running for a while trying to burn to Blu-ray or DVD (different projects) with the same error, that there isn't space for the current thread.  Any ideas?  If needed I can get the exact error message, but it does take a while to get to.

3 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, SoundMan said:

MyDVD crashes after running for a while trying to burn to Blu-ray or DVD (different projects) with the same error, that there isn't space for the current thread.  Any ideas?  If needed I can get the exact error message, but it does take a while to get to.

I'm going to answer my own question.  I had tried to create a very high resolution video output file to use with MyDVD, but it wasn't done through the authoring section, so I'm guess that MyDVD doesn't like MPG files.

MyDVD essentially 'likes' almost all video files.

Some can give it pause so let's talk about the specifics of where this file was produce. Resolution? A DVD will only be 720 X 480 @ 9 Mbps regardless of what you start with. A Blu-ray can only be as high as 1920 X 1080 @ 30 Mbps

Second thing to consider is that a Standard DVD only hold 1 hour of HD video (2 hr on an 8K disc) BD is also 1 hour (25 GB) or 2 hr on a 50GB. Sadly, MyDVD won't use fixed rates and degrades quality to make over timed video fit! And it does so without any warning!!!

Exact message would be great but I can tell you for sure that it checks media size before it starts.

Run "Speccy" or similar to determine if your computer is overheating and causing the failure.