MK65

Roxio Media Import Window

Question

When converting the first VHS tape I was able to watch the video in the Media Import Window. When I tried to convert another tape I was not able to see the video. All I got was a white space were the video should be. Any ideas and help would be appreciated. Roxio NXT 6 running on Windows 10

Screenshot_1.jpg

7 answers to this question

Were both of the tapes 720x480 "AVI"  and capture mode DV ?

Yes it is. Could the Capture Device cause issues? It is at least 10 years old.

Edited by MK65
Question

That's certainly possible. 10 years is pretty old especially if it's been used a lot.

To test that, what happens if you take the first tape where you could see the video

and play it again. does it still work ok. and the second one ? Both tapes should act the

same unless some settings in the program itself have been changed or different.

It has been used to convert about 60 hours of video tapes.I have tried your recommendation. The first tape has the same issue now. I did build my computer from the ground up with a high end graphics card,etc. But that should not matter. I suppose that I can buy a new Roxio capture device.

I had a hunch that your first video might experience the problem if you used it again. Yes, you could get another Roxio device which might possibly give good results.