• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

13 answers to this question

4 hours ago, AtlanticVideography said:

Has anyone tried the brand new Roxio NXT 7 yet?

After having no joy with 6, I'm reluctant to upgrade from 5 to 7.

The product just launched today.

No one I know has a version of NXT 7 yet.

I was offered a pre-launch special offer last week by email but having looked at what NX 7 offered in comparison to previous versions I respectfully declined the offer. It will be interesting to see feedback from NX 7 users when someone gets round to posting.

Edited by Jinker

I just purchased this because I needed a cd creator and a converter. I purchased the easy creator and it didn't do what I needed and this did. I was impressed with the screen capture however I can't get it to work. It won't capture my screen at all. 

my system specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

16Gb Ram 3200 Gskill

64 bit OS/ Windows home

Graphics: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 TI

The capture keeps stopping at:

Generating Video files. Please wait... 

1 hour ago, garyp93720 said:

I just purchased this because I needed a cd creator and a converter. I purchased the easy creator and it didn't do what I needed and this did. I was impressed with the screen capture however I can't get it to work. It won't capture my screen at all. 

my system specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

16Gb Ram 3200 Gskill

64 bit OS/ Windows home

Graphics: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 TI

The screen capture never worked for me. I use the paid version of Screen-Cast-O-matic so it doesn't bother me. What I am curious to know is if they fixed the issue with Videowave corrupting audio files to the point that I could not edit video at all with NXT6.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:13 PM, garyp93720 said:

I had this same problem but I figured it out.

SO, If you are still having that issue, and are referring to the MultiCam Capture it works, I just tried it.

To record your screen make sure you use these settings:

Main Tab:

Audio Source: Corel Audio Recorder

Advanced Tab:

Encode: MJPEG

Frame rate: 30

Latency (ms): 60

Your webcam (if your using 2 sources and one of them is a webcam) may be different.

It saved both my webcam and my desktop recordings instantly. Even saved project files.

If you want I can make a video how to do it, BUT it will have to be on a day that I'm dressed properly...lol

it actually works pretty good.

MCC.jpg

Edited by MysterC

Hi, I've had the product for a week now & have burned a couple of .mp3 cd's & a couple of DVD's (data type) no problem. I have both a blu-ray burner (new) & a BD-ROM drive I thought the BD-Rom drive had gone bad as some of my older disc's wouldn't read on the BD-Rom drive but I found out from 7's disc info  that the disc's which I had created using windows 10 burning software that the disc's that I couldn't read was because W10 never closed (finalized) the disc's when they were burned. I closed them using 7 & can now read them on the BD-Rom drive I will try burning some Blu-ray data disc's this weekend & post if there were any problems.

I do have 1 problem with NXT 7 WHERE IS THE USER MANUAL? there is no manual on the disc, there are 2 very short getting started documents online & the manual for NXT 6 online I'm a RTFM type of guy as I'm a IBM MAINFRAME TECH SUPPORT PROG. by profession so I Read The Fraking Manual. Where is it? I have ticket # 5286498  open on this issue

Edited by MikeJ024

Hi Mike,

There is no Fraking Manual!  I'm sorry, but I think the last discrete manual was the one for Creator 2011, in that same year.

Nowadays it seems you have to work with the online help, such as it is, and intuition.  (And us eager but enthusiastic amateurs here.)

Regards, Brendon

I have had this product for a short time and also found a sad lack of user guides. There is one for 'My DVD'; in the help menu, there is a downloadable pdf file which I haven't waded through yet!

What is the downloadable PDF file, Telboy?

Download link?

Hi Brendan

Start up My DVD, select the Help menu and the User  Guide is the is selectable from there. It downloads as Mydvd.pdf.

Regards

Telboy22

Understood now.  Thanks very much.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, AtlanticVideography said:

The screen capture never worked for me. I use the paid version of Screen-Cast-O-matic so it doesn't bother me. What I am curious to know is if they fixed the issue with Videowave corrupting audio files to the point that I could not edit video at all with NXT6.

Hello,

How does Screen-Cast-O-Matic work relative to your Record Your Screen function/Corel Screen Capture of you Roxio Creator NXT product?

I ask because  my Record Your Screen function/Corel Screen Capture of my Roxio Creator NXT Pro 4 works great, but only when it works, which is spotty at best.  

Corel Tech Support cannot tell me what is wrong with this Corel functionality, and, it appears that problems exist through version 7.

So, I do not need to upgrade to Roxio Creator NXT Pro 7, only to buy problems.  If Screen-Cast-O-matic is a superior alternative then I will divert my hard-earned-money to it.

THANK YOU!

On 2/26/2019 at 3:04 AM, AtlanticVideography said:

Has anyone tried the brand new Roxio NXT 7 yet?

After having no joy with 6, I'm reluctant to upgrade from 5 to 7.

If you upgraded, could you provide to us your experience?

I am carefully evaluating a $129.99 spend to upgrade from 4 to 7, and, I do not want to buy problems, as I did with my version 4 upgrade.