Vcd Help

jimbo4822

Question

I just finished making a vcd with dvd builder and it wont play in either a dvd or on the computer. On the dvd it just says loading... On the computer it just auto runs and open like a data disc. I had finalize checked and the sourse for this was a direct capture of a dv camera tape. Im thinking something didnt finish to complete the cd as a video format but what? I dont want to keep burning up cd's untill i have an idea what I might have done wrong

any help would be appreciated

thanks

jimbo

2 answers to this question

I think not all settop DVD players can play a VCD (even though I think the newer ones can). Anyway, if you created a disc image of the VCD file (has an extension c2d), you can try playing the disc image file first to see if you indeed had a successful VCD creation. You can use the Tools|Extras & Utilities|Disc Image Loader to emulate a drive. Then you can use the Sonic Cine Player to watch the disc image file. Don't bother launching the file with Windows Media Player as it doesn't recognize c2d file.

Try another settop DVD to play your VCD. :)

VCD support is being phased out of DVD Players, so your Player may be one that won't do it.

Unless you have associated VCD files with a specific program in Windows, it won't know what to do with the disc.

Start a DVD viewer program first, and then load the disc. If it doesn't play, use its' browse and point it to the VCD.

I just finished making a vcd with dvd builder and it wont play in either a dvd or on the computer. On the dvd it just says loading... On the computer it just auto runs and open like a data disc. I had finalize checked and the sourse for this was a direct capture of a dv camera tape. Im thinking something didnt finish to complete the cd as a video format but what? I dont want to keep burning up cd's untill i have an idea what I might have done wrong

any help would be appreciated

thanks

jimbo

I think not all settop DVD players can play a VCD (even though I think the newer ones can). Anyway, if you created a disc image of the VCD file (has an extension c2d), you can try playing the disc image file first to see if you indeed had a successful VCD creation. You can use the Tools|Extras & Utilities|Disc Image Loader to emulate a drive. Then you can use the Sonic Cine Player to watch the disc image file. Don't bother launching the file with Windows Media Player as it doesn't recognize c2d file.

Try another settop DVD to play your VCD. :)

Archived