lv_starz

Can't burn

Using Mac Mojave and just downloaded and began using Toast 17.  The movie was imported by dragging from iMovie 10.   I've tried several times to burn the DVD by clicking on the fire icon at the top.  The burn begins but I get "BurnerState_Ready failure" error cod -3019883.  Why can't I burn the DVD?

I have seen this error as well. I'm also using Mojave OSX on an I-mac, which is aprox. 1 1/2 years old.

I was input into the burner program using Quicktime files, created as export from Resolve by Blackmagic design, as I have done successfully before.

Tried a few different times to input and burn, using I-movie pro Toast17 Pro appears to burn, then gives the error code you quoted here, like its not able to use my Asus DVD burner.

I just uploaded the upgrade, recently for Toast 17, wonder if the upgrade is the source of the burning problems??

Running Toast 17 Pro with either High Sierra 10.13.6 of Mohave 10.14, I'm unable to burn any kind of disc -- AVCHD or standard DVD. No matter what I do, I get an error message that reads: "There's not enough free space on this disc: 118.05 GB are needed, 4.38 GB are available." This is from an ordinary Final Cut Pro-created .mov file of 21.58 GB for a 10 minute show. I've successfully done tons of them in the past. In fact, I still can easily can burn that file to either kind of disc with Toast 14 Pro. After a long Roxio "chat" that went nowhere, my query was passed along to "tech support" and they are currently pondering the problem. Over the years various versions of Toast  have been my dependable backup each time an Apple software update "broke" FCP's ability to share to disc. Eventually it always gets fixed but it takes a long time. It's likely that some day a future Apple IOS update will render Toast 14 Pro unusable so I'm hoping there is a fix.

Has anyone received any answers to this issue?  I have the same issue.  I even get the message 3/4 way through when burning to an ISO - no dvd drive used.

Looks like they haven't bothered to test with Mohave....  at all.

Edited by sbhoward