• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Title says it all really. There Xbox is displaying fine on my TV but I'm not getting any visuals on the Roxio Game Capture software. I have installed the Elgato software using the CD but starting up the video capture software asks me to connect an elgato device (it''s already connected but the software doesn't recognize it).

I can't change any of the settings on the left, can't select source. Not sure what to do. As far as I'm aware HDCP is disabled.

roxio.PNG

3 answers to this question

The green 'No Signal" means the RGC Device is not recognized by your PC.

Try this first, turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.When you reach the screen where repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Now plug in your RGC device.

Do you have a different computer to try it on? I have the same issue when attempting to set up my RGC on my desktop PC but on my laptop it works perfectly.

Also worth trying the Revo uninstaller as you might have a corrupt file whilst installing. It's also important not to plug in the RGC before the installation process is complete.

I might have a fix for you as it has just worked for me on my desktop PC.

If you have anything installed, use REVO uninstaller to remove everything using moderate mode. Then restart and begin installation, leaving the USB cable unplugged throughout this process and select updates as and when required (I'm on SP3, version 2.1)

Now that everything is installed, restart your computer (tedious, I know) so everything is refreshed and all set up.

Then go to control panel - accounts - create new account but don't opt for a new Microsoft account. Once this account is set up, go back into account settings and give your new account Administrator privileges. Logout of your main account and switch to your new one. 

You should see Roxio already set up on your desktop, the default file path. Select the exe. on your desktop and click capture, then plug in your RGC. It should then come up detected HDMI/Component and be ready to go. If you have HDMI/Component showing in your input section but no signal, just restart the software keeping your USB plugged in.