Sign in to follow this  
VitoMacDoc

Need to install WITHOUT internet Connection

Question

I work for a Government agency.  We have PCs that are on a CLOSED network and never have access to the Internet.

I just purchased and downloaded Creator NXT 6.  I have over 3 GB of data in the folder, so I assume I did this correctly.

I am getting errors on installing,  "Internet Connection Needed".  Is there any way around this requirement?

I have read the posts, I know the requirement states Internet Connection, but honestly, I thought that was just to download the full version like so many other software products.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?  will calling Roxio help?

thanx

4 answers to this question

VitoMacDoc,

The requirement means exactly what it says - the Internet connection is required to install the software.   It's an anti-piracy measure, as your key is checked on the Roxio servers during the install, and can only be used a limited number of times.

If you just purchased and downloaded the software from Roxio, you should apply immediately for a refund.

Regards, Brendon

Thanks for the reply, but I think that requirement is very misleading.  Internet access is normally used for downloading software.

Working on air gapped networks is not unusual.  I wish they would fix their software or put a bigger warning on their site that states it needs to phone home.

Good luck on getting a refund, who gives refunds once the customer gets a serial number?

Thanx

That requirement is not misleading - it states exactly what is required. Many software companies have the requirement for an internet connection when installing software.

You have 30 days to request a refund and it is quickly given.

Without an internet connection you cannot get any updates to the program.

BTW, how did you you download the package if you don't have an internet connection?

I am finding the phrase "Internet Connection Required for Installation" on NXT 6.

NXT 7 states connection required for installation and registration, so others must have had issues.

Enough of my nit picking.

Creator Enterprise Silver / Gold seems to be a better product for my needs since it has FIPS encryption as well.

I had to download via PC that is connected to the internet, burn to a DVD and sneaker net to air gapped systems.

Thanx again.

Edited by VitoMacDoc