• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

EdSpode

Coverting VideoWave to a DVD

Question

I've been using ROXIO Creator since 2007 and I just bought the NXT 6.  The previous Roxio version was purchased about 5 or 6 years ago. I have produced a 13 minute  VideoWave of our family's 1949 home movie.  However, unlike my old version, there is no button to push to convert my VideoWave to a DVD.  I somehow made a mpg disk but the final result was not very good.  When played on the DVD player, the picture was shaking and not clear.

I have produced at least ten videos over the past eleven years with great success.  But I need your help converting my VideoWave to a DVD.

Thank You,

Ed in Fort Myers, FL

8 answers to this question

Hi Ed..

Once you have completed your videowave production, save it to a folder you name and make and place all of the video, audio and photos

in that same folder that you used for the videowave. Save the videowave productrtion to a name of your choice (it should be a DMSM type file.

Now open the program MyDVD and open your videowave program by going to that dmsm file. Once in MyDVD change or edit it as you

want and burn it to a DVD disk.

What have they done to my reliable Roxio Creator????   In December 2018 I bought the Creator 6 and now I having a heck of a time converting VideoWave to a DVD.  Last week, REDWAGON sent me instructions but I can't figure out how MyDVD works.  As he instructed, I saved the VideoWave dmsm file.  I opened the MyDVD program.  However, when I open the folder in the MyDVD program where I put the VideoWave, it doesn't appear.  Out of the MyDVD program,  I can see the VideoWave is there.  What am I doing wrong?????

I've been using Roxio since 2007 with great success.  The last upgrade I previously purchased was Creator NXT probably 5 years ago. I never had any issues and produced a dozen or more DVD's with the older Roxio versions.

Thanks for your help.

Ed in Florida

Unfortunately Frank gave you incorrect instructions.

nyDVD has been thoroughly castrated and is only a shadow of the "old" versions (pre NXT 5). It no longer accepts the dmsm project file as it did previously. You now have to select the "prepare for DVD authouring" icon on the NXT 6 menu bar. This will allow you to create the mpg file required by myDVD. Once this file has been created, start myDVD and now you can create the DVD. If you still have a Roxio version which allows you to create the DVD directly from Videowave, I would revert to it. Lately every "new" Roxio Creator version seems to be a step backwards 😞

Thank you, thank you.   It worked.  Now if I can only eliminate that annoying Roxio intro on my DVD's as I did on my old Creator NXT version, I would be on happy person.

Thanks again for your help.

Ed in Florida

I don't have an answer but where is the Roxio menu that brings me to Prepare the disk for authoring.   The digital manual is no help.   Thanks.

OK, so I found the prepare disk for authoring and now I have a saved MPEG2 video file which is slightly longer than what the DVD will hold.  How do I burn the darn thing.  Which of the NXT 6 options does the actual burning.  It does not appear to be  the Create DVDs option.   Thanks 

THe option to burn the DVD is found on the NXT 6 Home page under Create DVDs. If you don't have that option then you did not install the program myDVD during the install process.

If your mpg is longer then about 60 minutes it will not fit on a standard DVD. You will have to usea DL DVD or reduce the bitrate in Videowave to make the file smaller

Edited by myguggi

Thanks for that.  I have Create DVDs; when I click on it the following options come up (see below).  If I click on DVD I get an error message and it disconnects.  If I cick on open existing project it dosn't find anything.  If I click on create a new project i end up going back to where I started when I created the video (Videowave).  The online manual does not even remotely match the actual software and the various menu options are not very intuitive.  I have a bunch of coasters where the video only plays on my computer and not my DVD player.   I guess I am missing something in between creating the video and burning the DVD.  To make matters worse Creator 6 erased my Roxio burn DVD/CD software that came with the computer.  As a shortstop, I resurrected an old copy of Ashampoo which I had given up on many years ago.  It worked flawlessly and burned the DVD which works on my computer and DVD player.  I'd still like to resolve the Roxio issue.   Again, thanks for your quick response.

image.png