Upward compatibility of gi (DVD image) files

ImChuck

Question

I installed EMC 9 when it first came out and saved 21 DVD images of home movies at that time.  I would like to install the current version of "Roxio CD & DVD Burning" software to access and burn DVD's from my library.  The image files have a gi identifier.   My present desktop is a new build with Rysen 6 processor, W10, and LG M-disk capable burner. Are my legacy image files compatible with the latest Roxio products?

2 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, ImChuck said:

I installed EMC 9 when it first came out and saved 21 DVD images of home movies at that time.  I would like to install the current version of "Roxio CD & DVD Burning" software to access and burn DVD's from my library.  The image files have a gi identifier.   My present desktop is a new build with Rysen 6 processor, W10, and LG M-disk capable burner. Are my legacy image files compatible with the latest Roxio products?

If all you want to do is burn you "gi" image file to a DVD, then your could try the free program IMGburn. It claims to handle the "gi" format image file