How Do I Get My Jam Project Into Toast?

yolasmf

Question

1. I dragged and dropped an mp3 folder from itunes into Jam.

2. I crossfaded the files in Jam.

3. I then attempted to drag the Jam project into Toast so I can make an MP3 CD.

Now for some reason it wouldn't let me. How do I get these crossfaded mp3's into Toast so I can burn them?

The help section has been very unhelpful on this topic.

4 answers to this question

1. I dragged and dropped an mp3 folder from itunes into Jam.

2. I crossfaded the files in Jam.

3. I then attempted to drag the Jam project into Toast so I can make an MP3 CD.

Now for some reason it wouldn't let me. How do I get these crossfaded mp3's into Toast so I can burn them?

The help section has been very unhelpful on this topic.

Jam accepts MP3 files but converts them to AIFF either for burning as an audio CD or saving as a Sound Designer II file. There is no way Jam can export an MP3 file.

I found a way to do almost what you're wanting. Choose Save as Disc Image from Jam's File menu. When the file is completed, control-click on the file in the Finder and choose Open With... iTunes. The file appears in iTunes. With iTunes Import preferences set to MP3, select the file in the iTunes window and choose Convert Selection to MP3 in the Advanced menu. When that is done you can burn that mp3 to and MP3 disc with either iTunes or Toast. It will play as one continuous file with the crossfades you created in Jam included.

Following this process will impose two MP3 compressions. You'd be better off exporting AIFF files to Jam, doing the crossfades and creating the image file then letting iTunes (or other MP3 compressor) work on the crossfaded tracks.

It has two MP3 compressions only because he is starting with MP3 files and wants to end with MP3 files. Jam requires (or converts to) AIFF to do the crossfades so there is no avoiding the two MP3 compressions unless he starts with AIFF to begin with. The drawback is that the result is just one long audio track that contains all the different songs.

Jam accepts MP3 files but converts them to AIFF either for burning as an audio CD or saving as a Sound Designer II file. There is no way Jam can export an MP3 file.

I found a way to do almost what you're wanting. Choose Save as Disc Image from Jam's File menu. When the file is completed, control-click on the file in the Finder and choose Open With... iTunes. The file appears in iTunes. With iTunes Import preferences set to MP3, select the file in the iTunes window and choose Convert Selection to MP3 in the Advanced menu. When that is done you can burn that mp3 to and MP3 disc with either iTunes or Toast. It will play as one continuous file with the crossfades you created in Jam included.

Thanks for the info. I did exactly what you just described. Its cool but i can't forward the tracks or see the track names. Oh well I guess you can't have everything.

Archived