• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How to uninstall Napster?

womanmarine

Question

6 answers to this question

Although it is suggested to use the registry to get rid of a problem, I would not suggest you try that. Mainly, because you state clearly "you wouldn't know how to clean out the registry". I suggest that you might not know how to use a registry cleaning program either. I am not intending to say that you should, but playing around with the registry is not usually a task to undertake unless you are sure of what you are doing.

Question--You say that you have tried several ways to un-install Napster, including using the add/remove program. Have you tried using Napster to see if it is still operable after doing this removal ?? From the other thread you posted it is know that when Napster has been removed it will still show in the Roxio programs listing, but will be grayed out and not usable.

I suggest giving "patatrox's" method of removing Napster another try as this method seems to have worked for a lot of others.

Frank....

It always worked, way back when. Hmmmm. What happens when you try it through Add/Remove programs? Any error messages?

There is no error, it just does not remove it. I did a search, and this is apparently not a new problem. I tried this:

thread

It didn't work, so I will be checking other things. There is one other thread that is a possibility, but it involves uninstalling and reinstalling which I am loath to do.

I will see.

There is no error, it just does not remove it. I did a search, and this is apparently not a new problem. I tried this:

thread

It didn't work, so I will be checking other things. There is one other thread that is a possibility, but it involves uninstalling and reinstalling which I am loath to do.

I will see.

I do think if you download the latest version and install it, then uninstall it, you should be ok. Wouldn't hurt to clean out the registry first.

Archived