Sign in to follow this  
ECUMC

Distorted audio - static

Question

Ever since getting a new camera whenever I import the MP4 into videowave, the audio is pretty much nothing but loud static.  I make a new production (top choice), and drag and drop the MP4 on it, and static is the result. I tried extracting the audio in Goldwave, saving as a WAV file, and adding it on the internal track or audio track and I still hear the same static (the original sound is nowhere to be heard). I don't know what else to do. The video shows the following properties:

Video properties.png

8 answers to this question

Do you get the same static when you use mp4 from another source. I assume you don't get the static when you play the video outside of Roxio.

I didn't get it when I made my own video from scratch (and added audio from a WAV). I also didn't get it from this same video AFTER running it through Handbrake and doing the audio as AAC 512 bitrate. BUT, the original unaltered MP4 works fine when I import it into MYDVD. I usually add chapter marks, menu audio etc. but it sounds fine even importing in and going to the add chapter menu. It just messes up on VideoWave (out of the ones I have tried) There were no issues with audio from my old Panasonic consumer recorder. I would have to bring the multiple .MTS files into Videowave and merge into an MP4. It also did fine with audio then.

Edited by ECUMC

According to the properties, that unaltered mp4 is only about 1 minute long. Would it be possible for you to upload that unaltered video to a site such as dropbox or googledrive from which we could download it and try to duplicate your problem?

It is actually just over an hour long. I can try to record a short clip with the same camera and upload in a bit.

Sorry, I misread the time🤨

Yes, a short clip with the same camera would be fine. You should of course test to see if you get the distortion before uploading.

The properties you list, are they of the unaltered mp4 or of the rendered video (via Videowave)

Edited by bimicher

No worries. I am getting ready to do just that. The properties are from the unaltered file by right clicking on the file itself.

I sent a link to you via private message.It too plays fine, but when dropped into Videowave has the same distortion / static.

Does anyone have any idea? I can send the short unedited clip upon request. I hate not being able to use VideoWave on these videos.