• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

psueric

Static plays instead of audio on MP4 files created with Canon XF400

Question

I've upgraded to a new canon Video Camera, the XF400.

I've created 1080p files which play fine (audio and video) in windows media player, other players.

When I add these video files to a Videowave 2012 production, the file plays with static on the audio track.

I've uploaded a small sample video file to:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av2Tgd_y6qDaxUSYTk5PkMKBARy5?e=1bTDec

feel free to download this file and try it in your version of Videowave and see if you get the same results.

Thanks

-Eric

6 answers to this question

No problem using Roxio NXT 7 Video Wave.  I don't have 2012.  Also no problem using a different updated video editing program. 

Have you tried the built in Windows video editing program (built in if you are using an earlier version of Windows but available as an add on for Windows 10?

Time to consider an upgrade or alternate?  Your version is old and may not have the proper codecs.  What version of Windows are you using?  If you bought that camcorder; then you could probably afford a new version or upgrade to your computer.

Thanks for the info.  It's not my Camera, but you're probably right, it's about time to update the software.  Thanks for the input.

No problem using NXT 6 on W8.1

Static noise when using NXT 6 on a W7 system.

I've updated to NXT 7, running on Windows 7 workstation, and the static noise is the same as Videowave 2012.

Seeing bimicher's response, I'm thinking it's a Windows 7 workstation issue.  Possibly a default Codec included with Windows 8+, but not Windows 7-

I get the severe static noise from your clip using NXT 7 under Windows 10.  :(

I've spent about 3 hours on a net meeting with Corel (Roxio) support.  This has led to no progress.

We've identified that the video file works on the technician's computer, and he confirmed the issue is occurring on my computers (windows 7 and Windows 10).  He acknowledged that some users on this forum have confirmed the problem.

The technician told me that the video file from my camera is not compatible with the Videowave software (even though it works fine for some of you here, and it works fine on the technician's computer)

I am completely frustrated with the level of support provided.  We were able to work on a net meeting, but the only communication that we could do was through a chat window.

I requested repeatedly to talk on the phone so that we could further diagnose the problem, but the tech repeatedly told me that a phone conversation was not available.

Anyone have any suggestions for trying to get a resolution to this problem?

-Eric