Sign in to follow this  
gutted

Bad install media for Roxio 2011

Question

I purchased Roxio back in 2011 for a particular project, used it, and all was fine.  I've used it on and off since, but would like to reinstall it to a laptop (it's currently installed on an old Win7 PC).  My install media appears to be bad though - the install image can't be extracted; not yet tried the content image.  EDIT: just tried to extract the content image using Winrar, and looks like content image is corrupt, too (I lost loads of files years ago, shortly before I started a proper backup regime)

Can anyone help me out with the install media (given that I have my own licence)?

I've tried contacting Corel support, but I'm having a terrifically bad experience with them so far.

Edited by gutted

3 answers to this question

Hello Dan,

What is your install medium that has gone bad?  (I'm concerned if it's a CD or DVD that has gone bad, but puzzled by the idea of extracting 'images' with winrar )

Roxio was selling a number of different products in 2011, but I have copies of some of them so I think I can help.  What is the name and version (pro, standard, SE, . . .) of the one you're having trouble with?

Regards, Brendon

Hi Brendon,

I purchased a download as opposed to physical media, so I ended up with 2 files (I think/thought if them as disc images). One was about 1.2GB - this is the install disc for Roxio Creator 2011, and the other was the 'content disc' at about 1.8GB.

Not entirely sure what happened, but I lost loads of my apps many years ago. The icon for these 2 files was still intact, and since I've had no need to reinstall the software I didn't know that I'd lost these, too. I want to use the software on a laptop, and only just found that the install files are corrupt (the install more so than the content - but both are dead either way).

Can you help? Because that would be awesome.

Yes, I think I can manage something there.  I'll contact you privately since I'll need to swap email addresses and stuff.