Sign in to follow this  
MustBJones

Apple ProRes

I must walk back my question. A friend on another forum ran a test for me. He exported from FCPX 10.4.6. His version of Toast was 12. He had no issue with that version of Toast and ProRes 422LT. So I did the same no issue either and I am on Toast 18. Ran the test again using just 422. No problem either. One more test using 422HQ. 

I have to walk-back my walk-back. Today Toast 18 will bot recognize either ProRes422 or .h264. Nothing had changed from yesterday. I am at my wits end because I don’t know the problem so I can’t fix it. 

On 8/18/2019 at 4:06 AM, MustBJones said:

I have to walk-back my walk-back. Today Toast 18 will bot recognize either ProRes422 or .h264. Nothing had changed from yesterday. I am at my wits end because I don’t know the problem so I can’t fix it. 

By "not recognize", what exactly do you mean? Is there any error message when you try to import the video file? A screenshot would help.

I have a similar problem.  Anytime I try to make a DVD or Blu-ray with ProRes files it ends up being several hundred gigabytes in size and obviously can't be burned.  Works fine with H.264.  Roxio, please fix this.

Edited by sacarmic

Toast 15 recognized all ProRes codecs.  Made beautiful blu-rays.  I upgraded to Toast 17 and it will only burn using .264 WHICH IS A TERRIBLE CODEC.  The color of 264 is yellow, the contrast is extreme, and it's not as clear as any of the ProRes.  So Toast has become useless for burning DVDs or Blu-Rays with proper quality for a large audience to see.  AND it means you have to change all your coloring and lighting ... guessing what will come out.

This is a terrible, terrible bug.  What is wrong with Roxio that they don't fix this??  How can anyone be satisfied with a disgusting looking movie?  

And of course their "customer support" is wretched.  They keep telling me they will contact me by e-mail... but I only get a stupid pre-made email.  They never NEVER address my issue!