• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Basket

Burned DVD, want to edit it now, can I and how?

Sorry, that 2019 was my typo error, should of course have been 2010.

When you created that DVD from your photos, you created a video and the photos cannot be extracted any more directly from the video. There are programs and methods that can extract individual frames from the mpg video files. Do really need to do that and why? Can you not edit the mpg files without bothering with photo files?

Do you still have the original photo files? If yes then you should use those and completely recreate you project.

Exactly what do you want to edit? The individual photos or change sequence of photos or waht?

Edited by bimicher

also downloaded the free version of Wondershare  it extracted the vob files from the DVD but when it converted it to mpg it also came as movie clips and not separated photos.

Either you have a video OR photos one or the other. Originally did you take a bunch of photos and somehow make a video of them ???

What ever you did to start with (assuming photos), go back with the photos and edit them to delete the photos you don't want and  make

another video. Sorry Marie, but I  am confused as to what you had to start with, how you made the video, and then how you made a videowave production ?????

Did you try the "HD Movie Maker" I suggested to extract out the photos in the video that you don't want ??

:)

I thought it would be easier to edit the DVD but after going around in circles find it is not...:)

Yes, I can recreate most of it but photos are now scattered and will take time to put back together again...but see now that it is the only way for me to do it without causing everyone here grief

Thank you

Marie

You are not causing grief but we are just trying to understand what you really want to accomplish by insisting on using photos.

I would think that it is a lot easier to edit the video (which you now have as mpg files in a folder on your computer) then trying to recreate the video from the individual photos that are scattered all over your system. Of course it depends a lot on what editing changes you want to make and how profiecient you are with editing video.

Edited by bimicher

3 minutes ago, Basket said:

:)

I thought it would be easier to edit the DVD but after going around in circles find it is not...:)

Yes, I can recreate most of it but photos are now scattered and will take time to put back together again...but see now that it is the only way for me to do it without causing everyone here grief

Thank you

Marie

Bottom line Marie... You have to have a separate program (free or otherwise) that has the ability to remove portions of a video !!!

A video is a video. to extract certain portions of it requires a program that can do that. And the only FREE one I know of that can do that

is "HD Movie maker APP" and can be downloaded from MS IF you are running W10. NOT sure if previous versions of Windows OS can.

How large is the video you have that you want edited ? Can you attach it (the MPG you have) to a post  so we can take a look at it ?

Hi REDWAGON

Yes, started with photos that became a video with music.   

Either you have a video OR photos one or the other. Originally did you take a bunch of photos and somehow make a video of them ???

Yes...started with photos in VideoWave, transferred to MyDVD to finish,

I do not want to fix the photos, just wanted to take some out and include others and change some of the songs.  It was my first attempt many years ago for my grandson's birthday and after watching it again, saw that I could have done better in parts.

I didn't realize that it was not easy to upgrade it a bit. 

Guess I am not experienced enough...:(

Thanks again

Marie

I do not want to fix the photos, just wanted to take some out and include others and change some of the songs

If that's all you want to do Marie, that can be done very easily in Videowave. Just go back and add the original Videowave program you saved

and before you sent it to MyDVD.

(hopefully you saved it) It will have the extension .DMSM. Removing and/or adding photos in Videowave is simple. So is adding or changing music.

Ok....that is where the problem lies, did not save it, thought I did,  I have the icon for what I thought was a saved version of the video but by moving my photos to a newer external drive, etc...the program cannot find them to restore the video...program seems to only save the file names but not the actual DVD files with it.

I didn't realize I didn't have the actual finished product to open up and play or edit down the road.  That is how I tried to do this, thought I had my original project but I don't, didn't know that you cannot move photos away from where they came from while making the original project.

I tried to send a small clip of movie but could not, it is too big and I do not how to shorten it.  As for HD Movie Maker, I do not have it. 

So sorry,  wish my problem was an easy one for everyone who tried to help me.

Take care and Thank you again

Marie

This is now a longer thread than what it need to be.  Yes, you can edit the video file to remove those sections relating to the images.   Start witht he vob files that you have taken off the disc and put it in VideoWave timeline.   You would then have to cut out the image and  insert the image you want in that place.  The problem is much more complex if you used any transitions between the images.  Here is a short video showing how to simply cut out a section (image).

It is a long and tedious task.  If you have only one or two images you want to replace,  then be ready to spend hours to do it.  If there are more, then be prepared to spend days or weeks.

It would be much less of a hassle to start from scratch even if you have to spend hours or days to get the original images.  

Edited by sknis

Hi sknis

Sorry about the long thread but was hoping for an easy fix. Thank you for video site..:)

Yes, there are transitions for every photo and music, plus panning and zooming.

I have come to the conclusion that I can either leave it as is or make a new one.

Thank you

Marie

Since you used transition, panning & zooming as well as music, there is no realistic way to edit the video (the vob files)  and so will have to start your project over again

If you have the dmsm project file then you may still be able use it to recreate the project. Videwave may not be able to find the files initially but it does have an option to relink to the required files if they are available in their new locations. Do you have the dmsm project file? This project file never includes any vidos or photos but only links to where the files are found. All video editors work that way.

Thank you again for trying to help me.

Will look to see if they are still saved....if yes, that would be great...thank you...:)

Appreciate all the time and effort of all of those who took the time to respond to my help questions...:)

Take care

Marie